Forums are back in action! ×

Anything good to do in Athens GA?

GizmoSan

Hey all!

I'm popping into Athens for a few days to visit fam on January 3rd. Anybody know of anything fun to do? I'm aware that its a college town, but that's about the extent of what I know.

Suggestions for a Crossfit Box, maybe?

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

GizmoSan, level 1 Mogwai RangerSTR 4|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1[/TABLE]

I just got home from Athens and figured that I'd post what I found fun in town in case someone has a question similar to mine

When you get there, seek out a magazine called The Flagpole. This mag is truly brilliant; it contains everything that's going on in town and should be considered your fun hub for the duration of your stay.

Workout spots. There are a few Globo-Gym places around town, but I hit up Crossfit South @ 149 Oneta Street Suite #6E3, Athens, GA 30601. These guys were awesome! They're a fairly new business, but have a strong following already. Rules for drop-ins: First class is FREE and the second class is $20 OR if you have a shirt from your CrossFit Box, they'll take that as payment instead. I highly recommend checking these guys out.

If you feel like having a beer or other beverage, there are no shortage of bars in this town. They're all located in and around the downtown area

oh! For the love of god, do NOT give beggars in the downtown area money. They will not leave you alone afterward

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

GizmoSan, level 1 Mogwai RangerSTR 4|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1[/TABLE]

Archived