Forums are back in action! ×

I grew 50lbs of food!

BeastMistres

I weighed everything that came out of my garden this year. I'm really at 49lbs, 12 oz, but I have a bunch of greens that will come in tomorrow to push me over. Doesn't get any better than organic food that you bring in from your own yard. Had I gotten a tomato harvest this year, I could've hit 100lbs. There's always next year.

I'm also happy to note that we've reached the time of year when I don't have to buy greens for my iguana. Probably won't have to until March or so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 Slayer Ranger

STR-4.5 DEX-3 STA-6.5 CON-4.5 WIS-5 CHA-3

Awesome!

For extra fun, think for a sec about how much money that would have cost to buy. I know that here in Maine, organic greens are well over $10/pound...

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Great news...I have had a small garden for two seasons now and it is great! I have not weighed the produce...we may have hit 50 lbs for both seasons combined, but it is a joy!

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great haul! I cannot wait for the next gardening season. I rent a plot on my university campus and I really enjoy the work (and the food!)

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

Unfortunately where I live I have no yard big enough to do anything with...however I have some nice size porches...and lots of containers.  Last summer I grew some of my own food.  Didn't get much from it but I'm planning ahead this year and I got some awesome Christmas gifts that will help this year.

For the colder months I have an aerogarden.  Pretty nifty piece of equipment.  I usually grow some herbs or greens.  I have grown green beans and cherry tomatoes in the past.  It's not as flavorful as soil grown food but it's been well worth the investment.

"Do what I do.  Hold tight and pretend it's a plan." -The Doctor

Nothing is impossible.  The word itself says I'm Possible.

That is an awesome accomplishment!

One of my goals every year is to really build myself a productive garden, but I have yet to make it a priority. Maybe 2013 can be my year with some proper planning. You're an inspiration!  :nevreness:

No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch.

Hobbit Adventurer
STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 4 CON - 5.25 WIS - 5 CHA - 6.5

Awesome! For extra fun, think for a sec about how much money that would have cost to buy. I know that here in Maine, organic greens are well over $10/pound...

I think I'm gonna try to figure out the cost of the food this year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 Slayer Ranger

Wow, that is a lot of yummy stuff! How big is your garden? I only have a small one, and nothing wanted to grow this year other than the peppers.

I have a few small raised beds, and some blueberry bushes in some half barrels. About 100' of garden space I believe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 Slayer Ranger

Archived