Forums are back in action! ×

Kenobi's: "To the End of the World...& back." 6mo Challenge.

Tom Kenobi

Kenobi's: "To the End of the World...& back." 6mo Challenge.

ALL COMERS WELCOME! :victorious:

Let's say you have six months before the world as you know it changed...forever. You might have to adapt, do things differently, but whatever it is, the world as you know it, will change. What would you want to accomplish in your fitness levels in that time? Whatever you do, what you do in this six months might just determine how well you 'get along' after the world changes.

Pick something. Say: economic collapse, or a zombie apocolypse, you crash land on a mysterious island with a smoke monster that looks pissed off and makes a fast "tickatickaticka" sound, you become a beach body model of ravishing beauty, all of the above? I don't know... make something up! Whatever it is, you are doing this, because your world, as you know it, will change after that six month period. It's what you do with the six months that matters most. It's what you do with those six months that will propel you into your changed world and equip you for success.

I'm putting this out there for whoever wants to join in a long term challenge. This doesn't mean that you can't do the 6 week challenges. In fact, you can do those to help you GET to your 6 month goals. I'm just putting this here for anyone who wants to put out some 'longer' term goals.

Me personally? I've come up short on a few of my 6 week challenges, the last six week challenge: F A I L. When I joined the rebellion, I did my own little 101 day challenge and had some great results, so I'm going to do that again. One long term challenge that will be broken up at the three month mark to regroup, assess and change things as need be.

If you do this, don't think too much about it. You guys are smart, awesome, attractive and have done many challenges before. You know that if something isn't working after a good solid effort, maybe a small change is necessary. Tweak it how you want to. I'm just telling you how I'm doing mine. I'll make a separate thread for my goals and progress, I plan on starting Wednesday 01/02/2013 and it will last six entire months, ending of course 07/02/2013.

If you have a similar "world's end" goal, maybe consider doing co-operative challenges with other likeminded Rebels.

If you're in, feel free to drop a line here and let me know!

Rebels: You are awesome, and I sincerely love you guys!

See you on the 'other side' of the world.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Brilliant idea. You may have just convinced me to finally start a battle log.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

I'm in! I'm trying out something where, I ask myself, what I want to do In the next 6 months? No matter how unrealistic. 

The 6 Month Challenges I came up with were -

1. Win a Pro MMA Fight (June)

2. Travel to Thailand for a month. To train in MMA + Party (More Training then Partying) (April)

3. Create a Successful Blog. (www.nomadjamie.com !)

4. Become 100% Confident.

The idea is, If you ignore the idea of being 'realistic'. You'll work much harder to achieve your lofty goal. Even if you don't achieve the goal you set, you're more likely to achieve more then what you would of, if you was 'realistic'. To me this does make sense, as I spent a great deal of my life trying to 'be the best goalkeeper in the world' until a few years ago. Although I didn't make it, I've managed to play professionally for a short time. I've played Semi-Pro virtually my entire life, and Was always on the brink of playing pro for good. The attitude crossed over into other sports, I've competed nationally in the Javelin and could of played pro as a Rugby player. 

I nicked the idea from the 4 hour work week, but looking back over my 'athlete career'. I can see the same principle working. 

Anyway, I'm blabbering on, I'm in! I just felt the need to explain why my goals are so lofty lol.

I'm in! I'm trying out something where, I ask myself, what I want to do In the next 6 months? No matter how unrealistic. 

The 6 Month Challenges I came up with were -

1. Win a Pro MMA Fight (June)

2. Travel to Thailand for a month. To train in MMA + Party (More Training then Partying) (April)

3. Create a Successful Blog. (www.nomadjamie.com !)

4. Become 100% Confident.

The idea is, If you ignore the idea of being 'realistic'. You'll work much harder to achieve your lofty goal. Even if you don't achieve the goal you set, you're more likely to achieve more then what you would of, if you was 'realistic'. To me this does make sense, as I spent a great deal of my life trying to 'be the best goalkeeper in the world' until a few years ago. Although I didn't make it, I've managed to play professionally for a short time. I've played Semi-Pro virtually my entire life, and Was always on the brink of playing pro for good. The attitude crossed over into other sports, I've competed nationally in the Javelin and could of played pro as a Rugby player. 

I nicked the idea from the 4 hour work week, but looking back over my 'athlete career'. I can see the same principle working. 

Anyway, I'm blabbering on, I'm in! I just felt the need to explain why my goals are so lofty lol.

No problem!  Aim high and go for it!

How are those goals coming along? 

I have a couple:

1. take part in the first 5k race in Bristol on the 26th of March. As training for taking part in the bristol 10k later on in the year

2. get running 1.5 miles down to 9 minutes.

3. Funnily enough, take part in the Bristol 10k on the 5th of May

4. May seem like a bit of a cop out, but get an A in the four 6 week challenges that will be encapsulated by this 6 month one.

Jesden, level 1 Wood elf Assassin

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 3[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

I have a couple:

1. take part in the first 5k race in Bristol on the 26th of March. As training for taking part in the bristol 10k later on in the year

2. get running 1.5 miles down to 9 minutes.

3. Funnily enough, take part in the Bristol 10k on the 5th of May

4. May seem like a bit of a cop out, but get an A in the four 6 week challenges that will be encapsulated by this 6 month one.

nice!  if you start a workout log, make sure to let me know!

Archived