Forums are back in action! ×

Justice League Challenge idea

BlamedCat

Okay, I know I'm still new here, but a friend just tossed me this link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98465

and it got me thinking....

The roster for the Justice League...

Wouldn't it be cool to band together, in teams spanning the different guilds to form our own "Justice Leagues" for a inter-guild challenge thing?

I mean we've got:

Green Lantern

Wonder Woman

Superman

Batman

The Flash

Aquaman

Martian Manhunter

to name the possible ones for the movie... and that's 7 just like our classes:

Warriors

Rangers

Scouts

Monks

Assassins

Druids

Adventurers

Not sure how simple or complex this would be, but it just got me thinking.  You could set up rounds... like "Take down Lex Luther" and break it down into what each class should be doing to fill their part in taking down the evil super villain or super threat.

Anyway, I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just tossed it here.  If NF had done something like this in the past, forgive me, I'm still new :)

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

We did something along these lines for the Santa Claus challenge. And another one which was a ramp up to the NF extra curriculum site, which we're still waiting on the beta release for. 

The mods/guild leaders are always looking for new ideas for challenges though.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Sounds fun. You could send it to the mods as a suggestion.

Side note: The link said Green Lantern was going to be in the Justice League, only rewritten with a more serious note. Why in the world would they do that?That's part of what make Green Lantern so great, is his sarcastic humor. I may just have keep my loyalty with the Avengers.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Sounds fun. You could send it to the mods as a suggestion.

Side note: The link said Green Lantern was going to be in the Justice League, only rewritten with a more serious note. Why in the world would they do that?That's part of what make Green Lantern so great, is his sarcastic humor. I may just have keep my loyalty with the Avengers.

Where do I suggest this to them?

Side note response: Ya know, I have no clue.  Of course, you know nothing is set in stone, so hopefully it will all play out as it should.  I have to admit, I enjoyed the Avengers :)  But I love me some Batman... 

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

We did something along these lines for the Santa Claus challenge. And another one which was a ramp up to the NF extra curriculum site, which we're still waiting on the beta release for. 

The mods/guild leaders are always looking for new ideas for challenges though.

cool, good to know

In my zeal for over-classification my first thoughts are

Green Lantern | Adventurer

Wonder Woman | Ranger, Warrior

Superman | Warrior, Ranger,

Batman, | Assassin, Monk

The Flash | Scout

Aquaman | Monk, Adventurer

Martian Manhunter | Druid

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

In my zeal for over-classification my first thoughts are

Green Lantern | Adventurer

Wonder Woman | Ranger, Warrior

Superman | Warrior, Ranger,

Batman, | Assassin, Monk

The Flash | Scout

Aquaman | Monk, Adventurer

Martian Manhunter | Druid

I was struggling where to put the classifications, but I can totally see that setup too :)

I'm curious to see what challenges would be set for each class during each "encounter" .

I was also thinking that as far as scoring, you score yourself on completing your role (aka, warriors lifting total lbs/reps for Superman's goal), and then you get a group grade for how well everyone did together.

Maybe if someone does exceptionally well, above and beyond, it can help even out a lower score, so the strengths of the team as a whole offset any inherit weaknesses that will crop up.    Aka, if warriors lifted more than needed, then that would help compensate if scouts didn't run the amount they were required.

That way each team still has a good chance to proceed on to the next "encounter".

I'm in DM brainstorming mode, so this is all so much fun right now :D

Archived