Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone!

I was very, very briefly here under a different name (briefly like under 20 posts, for reals) and for a variety of reasons I felt I need to switch names to this one, which is both more appropriate for me and easier to remember.

Basically, I am here because I do Northern Shaolin kung fu and shuai-chiao, as well as SCA heavy combat (European medieval armored fighting, with rattan sticks instead of live metal), and also I am a girl, and not the strongest girl, and while that is not an issue so much in kung fu and shuai-chiao given divisions and weight classes, we don't have weight classes in the SCA, and all the big burly dudes in my melee unit make me feel weak in comparison. I'd like to change that, so I'm looking at cross training for fighting with barbell lifting, which I have never done before but hey, and probably some interval training to build up stamina so I don't lose my breath in the middle of gloriously vanquishing my foes on the field of battle.

I've also gained around 30 pounds in the past year--nearly all of it fat--due to a variety of reasons but mostly because I'm recovering from what was not actually an eating disorder but shared a lot of the symptoms. Once I got out of the unhealthy relationship that was causing those symptoms, I guess my metabolism didn't really know what to do with me suddenly eating food again, and I don't really feel like I look like myself anymore.

Long story short, I'm here to lose fat, gain muscle and skill, and generally make myself a better fighter. Unrelated fun time interests include: historical needle crafts, trashy fantasy/SF novels, playing double bass, and attempting to graduate college with a BA in English.

Druzilla, level 1 Amazon. Monk at heart, training with the WarriorsSTR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 5|CHA 4

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22429-putting-the-putting-the-zilla-back-in-druzilla/

Welcome to the Rebellion, Druzilla!  It's great that you're getting on track and taking the first steps toward learning to eat healthy.  It sounds like you're already involved in a lot of sports, so I'm interested to know what plans you have for improving your fuel intake.  Are you planning on going with a specific food philosophy or just "less bad crap"?

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Archived