Forums are back in action! ×

Ahead of the curve

well sort of, but i couldn't think of a better title!

In case you don't know (and you probably don't cause i'm new here) I've just had a Pulmonary Valve replacement, which also happens to be the second Median Sternotomy and Open Heart Surgery i've had, and I'm only 28 (I'm sorry if this sounds like bragging....it is, i'm really proud of myself coming through two of them!)

But long story short my rehab booklet (which is to be fair aimed at people twice my age) says by six weeks post op i should be walking 30 mins a day. At 3 weeks post op I'm already walking 30+ mins a day and today I went for two walks and covered 3 miles in total :D

Jedi Si: V2.0 - Valves by NHS. Courage, Determination, Cheerfulness in Adversity - It's a state of mind

Thanks guys, my next goal is in 5-7 weeks when i can pick up some weights again, I'm looking forward to my first 10 post op pushups! lol

@Plex, i think your pretty safe, i've had no odd hankering for brains yet

Jedi Si: V2.0 - Valves by NHS. Courage, Determination, Cheerfulness in Adversity - It's a state of mind

Keep us posted on your hunger for brains. In the mean time keep improving your time and distance, kicker of much ass :)

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki