Forums are back in action! ×

Lost, but hopefully not forgotten....

Hi folks!  I've been away from the boards for quite a bit, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself (given all the new names I see as I've been lurking the last couple of days).  

Over a year ago, I joined Nerd Fitness looking for a group of like-minded folks to help me with my fitness journey.  I wasn't trying to lose weight, but I was trying to get my body into better condition.  I had (at that time) gotten into a gym and started getting into better shape, but was very  interested in moving away from machines and aerobic classes and to barbell lifts.  I, like many here, jumped onto the StrongLifts 5x5 method and worked it pretty much until the last couple months (I'll get to that).  I'm not sure why I wandered away from this site, but I imagine it was around the time my cat was very sick (rest his soul) and that took up a significant portion of my time.  

In September, I left my old gym for one that was more suited toward the direction I wanted to move (and it didn't hurt that a friend of mine started working out there too). It's an inspiring place in and of itself.  

So, I've moved from powerlifting to olympic lifting and could not be happier with the choice.  My boyfriend even bought me a pair of Ristos for Christmas (yay!).  I'm not sure yet if I'll fully engage in all the challenges, but my hope is to be a little more active on the site, but not so much as it becomes overwhelming.  

Happy New Year to everyone!  May your own fitness journeys lead you to health and happiness.  

--Sashi

Old Battle Log

Hi Sashi, and welcome back.  What made you want to change from powerlifting to olympic?

Oly lifts looked like more fun.  That's the easy answer.  The longer answer is that oly lifts require a bit more from me and make me push in areas I'm generally weak in -- like flexibility and speed.  

Old Battle Log

Archived