Forums are back in action! ×

hi friends!

Greetings, nerdy fit people!

I'm Erin, and I'm new here. I have a long-standing yoga practice (mainly vinyasa, with a little ashtanga these days) but realized a year or so ago that I had pretty much gotten as fit as I could from yoga alone. I then resolved to incorporate running and strength training into my life, making me pretty much the only person to start running/lifting as cross-training for yoga rather than vice versa. I started actually sticking with it about six months ago after I got ENGAGED (yes, I am That Lady, working out to get in shape for her wedding....don't judge). Now I've gotten past the hump where working out is seriously terrible and have found that I actually sort of enjoy running now! And noticing increased muscle definition and the ability to lift somewhat heavier things is neat! (although I haven't quite met my goal of being able to easily lift up our large stockpot one-handed to facilitate washing/food transfer....one day, my arms will be less spindly. one day.) I'm here because 1) I've been lurking on the boards, and y'all seem like cool people, 2) I have ONE BILLION QUESTIONS and would like to ask them to cool people like yourselves, and 3) the whole real-life roleplaying thing is INCREDIBLE and I can't wait to start writing my own irl quests.

fun facts/conversation starters:

I am a biochemist who decided she had had enough pipetting and went to work in intellectual property. I have a 500-hour yoga teaching certification (although I no longer teach). I have been vegan for five years, and it's pretty awesome. I read a LOT of fantasy novels (anyone else champing at the bit for the Wheel of Time release next week?). I am originally from New Orleans and still have cognitive dissonance about having to work on Mardi Gras Day. I adore my cat. Text-based RPGs are my jam (Materia Magica, anyone?).

Anyway, nice to be here! Looking forward to seeing y'all around the boards!

I'm going crazy waiting for A Memory of Light  I'm actually reading The Son of Neptune at the moment and started The Silmarillian a few weeks back...didn't get to far with that.  It's a bit dry for my taste.

I've told my wife I may end up crying when I finish the last Wheel of Time...I've been reading the series since sophomore year in high school...about 11 years now I guess. 

Oh, and welcome aboard!

"Do what I do.  Hold tight and pretend it's a plan." -The Doctor

Nothing is impossible.  The word itself says I'm Possible.

Archived