Forums are back in action! ×

Noob rebel, checking in

Hi!  I just turned 30, am a mom of two girls (4y and 21m) and am no longer interested in blaming "baby weight" or being "busy" for how out of shape and overweight I've let myself get.

I was always very active and involved in sports in HS and college, lived in NYC for about 4 years, got my career on track, got married all while staying fairly fit.  Then the babies came....and a move to southern VA.  Things are much slower and I slowly became less and less active, starting eating more crap.  I've spent the last year really cleaning up my diet and I trained (and ran!!!) my first 1/2 marathon.  I definitely have a ways to go.

Right now I'm on day 4 of a 30-day Paleo challenge and I just finished my first week of CrossFit (I go 2x/week).  I'm ready to get down to a healthy weight, body fat %, and gain some muscle!

Level 1 Adventurer

STR 2  | DEX 1  |  STA 2  |  CON 2  |  WIS 6  |  CHA 2

1st Challenge

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Good job on the half marathon! It sounds like you've already made a lot of progress. What is your weight target, your BF% target, and what muscle are you looking to gain?

Welcome to the Rebellion.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Ah, specifics!  

My goals for the next 6 months: weight:  160 (-30lbs), BF%:  30 (-20%)

I'm focusing on gaining strength in my back and upper body.  At the end of 6m I'd like to be able to do a legit pullup (no bands or jumping pull ups or ring rows).  

I'm really less concerned with the number on the scale as I am with my measurements and unfortunately I carry ALL my weight in my midsection :/

Level 1 Adventurer

1st Challenge

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

Yes!  Just signed up last night and finished setting up my goals here.  Last week was my first week of crossfit and I'm hoping that jump starts my reintroduction to some strength training.

Level 1 Adventurer

1st Challenge

Archived