Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel, Ready to Go!

Hi everybody! My name is Claudia and I am new to the rebel army. I am really excited to make a new start in a new year. I've made various stabs at getting fit before, but nothing has really stuck. This upcoming challenge seems like the perfect chance to make a couple of changes. 

I have always been tall, skinny gal (currently 6 feet/145 lbs),but never strong or in good shape from a fitness perspective. I didn't mind for a long time because, hey, as long as you're thin, who gives a shit if you're fit, right? But in the past few years having very little in the way of strength or fitness has really been bothering me. I started feeling weak. So I tried a few things here or there, went for a few runs, joined a gym and let the membership lapse, blah blah blah, you know the deal. 

The thing I've always loved is yoga - I did it in my teens and it helped me through some major depression, but I stopped after college. In the last year I've gotten back into it, and it's made a huge difference. I feel so much better (physically and psychologically - I also started a super stressful job). But I want to get stronger, faster!

Diet-wise I'm fine. I used to be vegetarian but went back to meat this time last year. I was too hungry too much of the time. But 4 years veggie made me into a rockin' cook (if I say it myself) and gave me a serious taste for plants. To this day I have way more cravings for spinach and squash than I ever do for sugar. In that regard I'm lucky!

I'm signing up for the 6-week challenge, and can't wait to start! I'm planning to up the yoga and add some other basic fitness training in. It's so great to find this awesome group of people to journey with!  Best of luck to everyone - let's start '13 off right!

welcome

Sounds like you have got a great attitude and goals for 2013 best of luck with them.

Having just joined myself am also looking forward to the challenges

have fun

Vampire Assassin

Lv 1

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:3

The Quest Of Awesome

LV 1 40/100

@Questofawesome

And when they seek to oppress you And when they try to destroy you,
Rise and Rise again Like The Phoenix from the ashes
Until the Lambs become Lions and the Darkness is no more

Archived