Forums are back in action! ×

Looking to upgrade my life to Dothraki status

I just discovered Game of Thrones (and expanding upon my inner nerd), so if this doesn't make sense, feel free to ignore me.

At this point in my life, I feel like Theon Greyjoy.  I have a mild claim to the throne, but everyone is really just hoping I get killed off.  I exercise regularly and eat fairly well, but average is no longer good enough.  I want to level up to Dothraki status.  I want to be a bad ass.

I've done supersprint triathlons and 5Ks.  No more.  This year, it's a marathon and an interntationl triathlon.  It's doing a Tough Mudder.  It's eating paleo.  It's trying new things.  Let's do this.  Oh, I also want a tattoo.  A big one.

Quick about me:

Height:  5'11 and change, 6' on a good day
Weight: 142 after a big lunch
Activities:  Running. Biking.  Various fitness classes.
My Teams: Bears. Blackhawks. Cubs. Spurs. Sun Devils.
Greatest lifetime acheivement:  I once played guitar onstage with Green Day.  It remains the best day of my life.

Looking forward to having this community be a big part of my life.  See you on this side or the other!

LVL 1 Ranger

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Left Lane, Hammer Down.

Current Challenge

@scottischicago

Welcome to the rebellion :)

Got ideas for the tattoo aside from "big?"

Thanks! Happy to be here!  As for the tattoo, I have way too many ideas that will probably turn into several.  They include but are not limited to:  Chicago flag, swallow, skyline, song lyrics, a bicycle...  the list grows almost daily.

shoot, at least go for Khal level not just regular Dothraki. :)

And at 5'11/142 you have a lot of eating to do! :)

I love it.  Khal, watch your back.  I'm coming for you.

And yes, my favorite part of all of this working out is how hungry I am all the time.  Eating is becoming a past time.  It's awesome.

LVL 1 Ranger

Left Lane, Hammer Down.

Current Challenge

@scottischicago

At this point in my life, I feel like Theon Greyjoy.  I have a mild claim to the throne, but everyone is really just hoping I get killed off.  I exercise regularly and eat fairly well, but average is no longer good enough.  I want to level up to Dothraki status.  I want to be a bad ass.

L.O.L.  I not only do I love the GoT references, but I totally identify with this statement.  Happy eating! (if I meet my goals this year, I'm going to reward myself with a tattoo! Will this be your first?) 

L.O.L.  I not only do I love the GoT references, but I totally identify with this statement.  Happy eating! (if I meet my goals this year, I'm going to reward myself with a tattoo! Will this be your first?) 

I figured in a place called Nerd Fitness, I was not only safe from ridicule for my GoT love, but I would be embraced!

The tattoo would be my second.  I have the obligatory I-Was-19-And-Didn't-Know-What-I-Wanted-So-I-Just-Got-One tattoo...I like it, but I'm thinking bigger this time around. 

LVL 1 Ranger

Left Lane, Hammer Down.

Current Challenge

@scottischicago

Archived