Forums are back in action! ×

Favorite Video Games?

Probably been asked before but thought I'd ask! What's everyones favorite game or games? Personally nothing comes close to the Legend of Zelda OOT! Coming up a close second would be The Legend of Zelda Links awakening. I've always loved the grand scale of adventure, the atmosphere, and the enviroments in almost all zelda games. They have the awesome ability to suck me out of this world for hours at a time :D

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I love the OoT!! but some of my favourite games take me way back, Secret of Monkey Island series, FireForce, Treasure Island Dizzy.

More recent stuff, I love love love Resident evil, in fact i bought a game cube just so i could play the revamped series on there, with the added bonus of OoT on the cube as well

but one of my fave all time multiplayer games is Goldeneye, many many evenings were passed at Uni with that, it made me very popular in my block lol

Jedi Si: V2.0 - Valves by NHS. Courage, Determination, Cheerfulness in Adversity - It's a state of mind

Half-Life 2 is my favorite game of all time (if you couldn't guess from my avatar!) I love everything about it... the atmosphere, music, gameplay, story, and the graphics that are very good, yet don't require a high-end graphics card. It's a delightfully dreadful dystopian world. And plus, who doesn't love a game that involves blasting zombies with a shotgun? Or the freakin gravity gun?!

Other faves:

Perfect Dark (ohh good high school memories)

Grand Theft Auto 4 (hell yeah!!)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (one of the greatest games ever made)

Donkey Kong Country (fond childhood memories)

Well I think my favorite game of all time has got to be GoldenEye, I just have so many good memories of being hunted through the game by my roommate, but hey you don't have to be good to have fun.

Other Faves: (Slight theme, only for the first few) Burnout Series, Mariokart Double Dash (mmm Saturday mornings at McDonalds), Call of Duty 2 or 3 (Hey I like WWII), and finally Bionic Commando (Because damnit I want them to attach an arm like that too me)

ocarina of time is easily my favorite, but lttp comes in second.

nothing comes close to zelda in my world :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I'm an oldschool gamer:

Pre-voiceover final fantasy (Kain, Sephiroth and Shadow rock. I have thing for badboys),

the zeldas (OoT, Legend of the Past are favorites),

Burnout 3 Takedown is fantastically fun in a group

Soul Calibre is awesome (as long as I don't have to fight Voldo. Dude freaks me out).

and I am currently addicted to Defense Grid on Xbox. Tower defence games are my weakness. I can usually get in the sub-thousand ranks after a few hours of polishing strategy. PB is rank 32. *preen*

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I love the OoT!! but some of my favourite games take me way back, Secret of Monkey Island series, FireForce, Treasure Island Dizzy.

More recent stuff, I love love love Resident evil, in fact i bought a game cube just so i could play the revamped series on there, with the added bonus of OoT on the cube as well

but one of my fave all time multiplayer games is Goldeneye, many many evenings were passed at Uni with that, it made me very popular in my block lol

I also just bought a gamecube to replay the resident evil games!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Pre-voiceover final fantasy (Kain, Sephiroth and Shadow rock. I have thing for badboys)

I love final fantasy 7 and 8 but I've never been able to stay focused long enough to beat either one. One day I mean to just that.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I'm pretty out of touch with video games, but here are my favorites of all time:

Tie Fighter

Civilization (I've not played #4 yet--is that what they're up to?)

NHL 94 for sega

Super mario world (SNES)

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Quest for Glory series

Super Buster Bros

Love civilization and they are up to 5 at the moment but it wasn't that good.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I don't think it counts as a real video game... but I'm one of those Sims people. I've spent many a happy hour building imaginary houses. I pretty much suck at all other games (thanks, I like to think, to my brother for never letting me play his Nintendo when we were kids), but I can watch an FPS or any of the GTAs like it's nobody's business (also thanks to my brother and the fact that growing up I've had mostly male friends).

I don't think it counts as a real video game... but I'm one of those Sims people. I've spent many a happy hour building imaginary houses.

Ahh yes, Reticulating Splines, Generating Karma. I do enjoy the sims, best thing ever was putting shortcuts to my MP3s in the music directories and having my sims "metal out" at house parties :)

Jedi Si: V2.0 - Valves by NHS. Courage, Determination, Cheerfulness in Adversity - It's a state of mind

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for sheer replay ability...I loved driving around with those awesome radio stations.

Max Payne 1 and 2 for great replayability and story.

lol vice city radio stations were the best! Fernando, a personal hero of mine.

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. For non-RPG purposes, though, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold.

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Tom Stoppard (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead)

Different games for different platforms.

NES - Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, Pro Wrestling, Tecmo Bowl, RC Pro Am

SNES - Super Mario World, Zelda - Link to the Past

N64 - Mario Golf

PS2 - Grand Theft Auto - Vice City, GTA - San Andreas

PS3 - GTA4

PC - Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Dark Forces, Wing Commander, X-Wing Fighter, TIE Fighter

Arcade - Donkey Kong, Tron, Tron Discs

I might be a Scout. I might be a Ranger. I haven't decided yet.

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. For non-RPG purposes, though, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold.

I love Sid Meier's Pirates!

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

This is a Max Payne video I made several years ago - getting near 200k hits!

Awesome video!

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!