Forums are back in action! ×

First law school grade is in...

mightstone2k

I graduated in '08. Seeing "Lawyering Skills" tipped me off. I'm friends with one of the students who founded the VLSC. He's in Rhode Island now, teaching trial ad to new military attorneys. I'm sure you're already talking with Butler and the other VLSC guys but I'm happy to pass your name along to my friend. 

I also have a friend I played softball with who's currently in the Air Force Judge Advocate Corps. 

Let me know if you're interested. I'm happy to help out a JMLS student. 

MyFitnessPal / @RBCalcagno

"Though she be but little, she is fierce!"

Percentage weight lost since 7/3/14

0%
0%

I actually haven't talked to the VLSC yet.  I spent my first semester focusing almost solely on grades.  I wanted my transcript to look as good as possible when I submitted it to the Air Force; I just completed the application process for the GLP program yesterday.  My plan is to talk to the VLSC this semester and take the Veterans Advocacy course in the fall to set myself up to do the clinic in the spring as a 2L2.  I would really appreciate it if you passed my name along, thank you!

What kind of work have you done since graduation?  I'm always curious to talk to recent graduates and see how things have played out for them since they passed the bar.

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Good call on focusing solely on your grades. Keep it up and the Air Force will be more than happy to take someone like you! I'd be happy to pass your name along whenever you'd like. Just PM me and I'll get the ball rolling and do some virtual intros.

Shortly after graduation and the IL bar exam, I moved to Michigan. Although I spent a majority of my time in Chicago focusing on child welfare law (I clerked with the AG's office for 2 years), I switched over to policy work when I moved up here. I've passed the bar in Michigan as well but quickly learned that I really love policy work. I'm currently with the Michigan Department of Civil Rights and spend a lot of my time writing policy briefs, analyzing legislation, and translating legalese and bureaucrat into plain English. It's a lot of behind the scenes work and I love it. 

MyFitnessPal / @RBCalcagno

"Though she be but little, she is fierce!"

Percentage weight lost since 7/3/14

0%
0%

Archived