Forums are back in action! ×

Let's Begin

Ok, so I've been hanging around reading the articles for a while (about six months) since I was Steve's article on Paleo.

Well, it really hit home for me and I've been mostly Paleo for the last six months.  It's been amazing.

In four months I went from 170 lbs. to 145 lbs, and am very happy.  But I want to be better.

So, I've decided it's time to join the Rebellion and begin the journey to being the best I can be.

I've lost quite a bit of weight and now really want to work on my strength.  The plan is to join the Assassins for the first few challenges, mostly because of the body-weight exercise emphasis.  Right now I'm fairly weak, and I have a long way to go, though hopefull I'll eventually be able to strength train.

Part of the reason I'm leaning towards bodyweight is because of a medical condition.  I have Aortic Stenosis and have had it all my life.  Aortic Stenosis is a heart condition where backflow occurs through the aortic valve.  This coupled with asthma had doctors placing bans on running and other "strenuous" excercise.  Meaning literally nothing, not even running a mile.  At first I was ok with it because their reasoning was that excercise would put uneeded strain on my heart which was already working too hard.  Lately though, I've become frustrated.  It doesn't make sense, I should be able to do something.  The reasoning that not taking care of myself now helps because it delays surgery seems flawed.  Why throw away my life now, for a surgery that they tell me is inevitable anyways?  So I'm planning to build my strength from the ground up.  Hopefully a slow progression coupled with the weight loss will help my heart out.

I'll be taking it slowly and carefully, but I am going to do this.

Anyways, I'm glad to finally be a true member of the Rebellion and look foward to working my way to a better me. :)

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

Welcome to the community! I'm glad to hear you've had such success with the paleo lifestyle. I just made the switch recently. Best of luck working out exercise routines that work with your medical condition - I hope some people in the community can offer advice or help on it. In fact, I'm sure someone can, because these people know way too much and it's awesome.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Welcome aboard. I'm an asthmatic myself, working on getting rid of it. The more you do now the better you'll be setting yourself up for a quicker recover from the heart surgery they say you'll need.  Listen to your body though, don't push youself so hard you make things worse.

Good Luck.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived