Forums are back in action! ×

Asynchronous posting and the welcome wagon

As I'm unfolding the layers of this community, I realize I've done things sort of backward.

I've already committed to the 6-week Challenge, and I've figured out my Character in the Role Playing portion. (so.. check that off the list)

But, I suppose let us start from the top:

My name is Kyle.  I'm 24, 5'1", and 180lbs.  I've sort of stayed between 170lbs and 180lbs most of my adult life. 

The summer after high school I had gotten down to 150lbs, which I was over the moon about.  At the time, I was so impressed by a vegan guy I knew, I decided to try it out.  I drank incredible amounts of green tea, black coffee, and ate mostly fruit all day except a piece of toast with peanut butter in the morning.  I also did yoga or swam everyday.

Now, I've had a child (10/19/11), I'm settled down and all domestic.  And like so many other women, I gave myself the freedom to eat whatever I wanted while I was pregnant.  This led me down a path of poor eating habits, resulting in reaching 235lbs by the end of my pregnancy.  At the beginning of last year, I decided to begin the change.  I went from 210lbs to 176lbs.  But with the holidays, I got back into the bad habits, and easily slid up the scale.

And here we are.

My younger brother has been an incredible inspiration.  He has lost close to 60lbs, gained so much muscle mass, and eats incredibly well.  I'm so proud, and also very jealous.  He has told me about NF in the past.  I read Staci's story several weeks ago.  This Thursday we were talking about fitness and health, and I mentioned that I want to lose 30lbs by my birthday in May.  So he says "Hey, do you want to do this 6- week Challenge with me on Nerd Fitness?"  And I said yes.  I can't imagine a better method to jump start my weight loss.

I have so many more goals that I want to achieve throughout the year, I'm glad I have the opportunity to break it down into 6 week chunks.  It seems so much more attainable.

My only fear is that I won't be as eloquent, witty, or clever as I think I am.

I welcome your comments, suggestions or random ponderings.

Level 1 Hobbit Adventurer

[sTR] 3, [DEX] 2, [sTA] 1, [CON] 3, [WIS] 3, [CHA] 3

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22474-kyliebear-newbies-first-challenge/

DON'T PANIC

Fear is the mind-killer

Archived