Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone, another newb's intro

My name is Mike and I've been lurking here for quite some time. I found this place after getting sick of all the gearheads on T-Nation. Tons of incredibly valuable information, but definitely not my crowd. A couple of years ago I lost 140 pounds. I was proud of myself, certainly, but dismayed to find that I was about as strong as a stick. I ended up in the local McGym and while I made great progress I mostly just injured myself and gave up. I've recently gone back, after two years of research, and I'm happy with how I'm doing. Unfortunately, all of my friends the lazy stoner type who can somehow live on thousands of calories of crap a day without consequence. As such, I'm left with nobody to workout with and nobody to help motivate me to keep my diet on track. I've been trying to stay consistent with my routine and diet but it's hard when you're going it alone. The people here seem great and I think being here will really help me accomplish my goals. So hello all, you've got a new member of the rebellion.  :peaceful:

Rebuilding a wrecked body and a fried mind one day at a time.

I'm in a similar situation to you: recently lost 105 lbs (50 to go) and trying to add strength and endurance to my life. I'm going it alone as well. It's hard to keep yourself on track especially with a spouse who remains stick thin and just finished half a king cake in one sitting. I find certain apps make me look forward to working out like zombies run if that's your thing and being accountable to people here really makes you feel like you're working with others. Welcome!

Level 2 Human Ranger[sTR+7.5] [DEX+2] [sTA+6.5] [CON+5] [WIS+8] [CHA+2]“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Edison

Archived