Forums are back in action! ×

Well, it's been a long time in coming, but I am finally going to buckle down and get into shape. Got out of the Army in 2001 and have put on almost 70 lbs since. I've got lots of reasons excuses for why I've gotten to this point, but that's all in the past, right? I want to be sure to be around for my kids and family, so need to get started.

I've actually started out on the Pooch to 5K, which is similar to the Couch-to-5K, but includes your dog. My dog has gotten a little bit overweight over the past year as well - has had seizures, so is on medication that makes here lethargic and hungry. So, we both get to get in better shape through some increased activity! :pride:

Taking a look through the Rebel Fitness Guide as well and will be starting on some gym stuff (never been a fan of the gym, though). Gonna have to start out nice and slow so I don't burn myself out. Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Hoping to be around here a while!

Mog Adventurer (Level 1)
STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. ~ Yoda

Current Challenge

Welcome to the rebellion and thank you for your service. That's cool about running with your dog, that'll be good for both of you. A lot of us aren't big fans of the gym, the main reason I see to go to one is if they have free weights that you don't.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It's great that you've been looking out for and working out with your pup!  What kind of dog? Come to think of it, I was a bit fitter when I lived in a household that had a dog.  The constant walking and his seemingly endless supply of enthusiasm was a huge help.  I wish my living conditions allowed me to have a dog now, but :(   

I salute you, and good luck with your goals!! 

Archived