Forums are back in action! ×

Pocket sized workout

I had a great idea related to Steve's post about MacGyvering your way through workouts in unexpected conditions, and I wanted to share.

I tend to forget what I'm doing unless I write it down, and I can't always be consulting the Interwebs. So I wrote down a little list of equipment-free exercises to do in my pocket notebook (which I am never without). Writing it on the back of a business card and sticking it in your wallet would also work.

Actually, what'd be really awesome is printing up a card with the exercise list and some motivational quote on the back, but I don't have any cardstock and I'm too lazy to mess around with formatting and printing it. Steve should totally send out laminated exercise cards with that fitness book.

Or I guess a phone app would work, if you're into smartphones...

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

i use my iphone for everything.

i do have a program that i got, but i havent imported all of my data into it yet.

for now, i just send myself an email of what i did for the day. if i want to do something specific, i email myself with it and open up the email when i get to the gym.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Yea I need to carry something with me with some kind of epic quote. It's really amazing how much of exercising/weight lifting is mental, and some days I could use a good smack to the head :P

Junglizer, I'll link what Steve has written on bodyweight workouts for ya -

Beginner:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Advanced:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/17/advanced-body-weight-workout-warning-this-will-kick-your-ass/

This is a great place to start.. of course you can get Steve's full rebel guide too :D

Yea I need to carry something with me with some kind of epic quote. It's really amazing how much of exercising/weight lifting is mental, and some days I could use a good smack to the head :P

This is a great place to start.. of course you can get Steve's full rebel guide too :D

Thanks! I'll check these out. I've actually just picked up the full guide, and read through all of the guide books, but haven't had a chance to go through the workouts yet. I'm following the "simple changes" method, and figured the best way to actually stick with it was to change just my diet and then move on to working out. Not too bad so far as I don't really mind veggies and things. Working on actually consuming breakfast (Shake form), but that's probably my biggest weakness.

"Tomorrow = Never"

Twitter | Thingist | Challenge | Squad