Forums are back in action! ×

Go kitty cat!!!

Yes, this is a W00t for my cat. Today he got on the top of the bunk bed all by himself. This might not sound like much, but he's 13 years old and weighs 20+ pounds. He use to not be very active, but now he seems to have gotten a new found interest in getting fit, about the time I did, lol. He use to not run or anything and it seemed he had arthritis and a weak back, but now he speed walks very fast and climbs all over the place.

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

I think they watch us. When I was living in my room, so did my cat, and she gained weight. When I started being able to leave it, she started playing and being her weird zooming energetic self again.

Regardless, go kitty cat!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

hmm ... what are you feeding that cat? Unless it's a giant breed like a Maine Coon, it shouldn't weigh anywhere close to 20 lbs. He might regain some more of his youth if he got to a healthy weight (a lot easier for pets than for humans, since you are the one who controls what they eat!)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

hmm ... what are you feeding that cat? Unless it's a giant breed like a Maine Coon, it shouldn't weigh anywhere close to 20 lbs. He might regain some more of his youth if he got to a healthy weight (a lot easier for pets than for humans, since you are the one who controls what they eat!)

He's from a shelter, so we don't know what he is. It's not that he's fat, he's just huge. He's at least 3 feet nose to tip of tail.

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

The tail length varies. How long is the actual cat without the tail? and what does the vet say about his weight? It sounds like he might just be a large-boned cat, but the vet will know for sure.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.