Forums are back in action! ×

I was just looking for an excel spreadsheet formula...

Hi there, as the title suggests I was just looking for an excel formula to accurately calculate my stats as a joke, as I started a different kind of pull up/push up/dip routine during my shift.

I am originally from Florida, although I live in Jacksonville, NC right now and am currently in Afghanistan enjoying every day of my life with very little sarcasm. <_<

Anyway, I had come up with an all around upper body routine for my guys on shift to do to keep them engaged in between our "lunch" (read: around 0100 in the morning) and our "dinner" (read: everyone elses breakfast) and I created a spreadsheet to track my progress, and I have been playing a lot of classic RPGs out here in my down time and they all had stats so I thought it would be funny to have RL stats...which lead to a search for a stat tracking formula that led me here.

I would love to share information about the different types of workouts we use and the different types of workouts everyone else uses.

My name is Glenn and I like playing the guitar, and going fast in cars. I am a 28 year old Marine.

Nice to meet you.

Welcome to the forums. I got all excited, expecting an excel question.

I also started out with an excel workbook to track my progress. I kept a database of calorie counts for various foods, and used vlookup, match, etc to pull in all the calorie counts for a running total as the day went by. I also tracked things like estimated calories burned, lifting progress, etc. I had all sorts of charts and formulas that would display my current stats, my goal stats, calculations of future dates for various benchmarks, and more.

Semper fi!

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

We're working on getting the Character Sheets we've invented for our fitness game to be a little more automated, but until then, mostly I just track via Daily Burn.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I have a couple of excel spreadsheets just for these purposes, if anyone wants them PM me and I'll be happy to send them.

The greatest weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed - Steven Biko

Uma coisa é você achar que está no caminho certo, outra é achar que seu caminho é o único (It is one thing to believe you are on the right path; it's yet another to believe yours is the only path) - Paulo Coelho

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dtayq

Just got a look at Gymrat's excel sheets. Holy epic. There's charts and everything. Kickass!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Hi there, as the title suggests I was just looking for an excel formula to accurately calculate my stats as a joke, as I started a different kind of pull up/push up/dip routine during my shift.

I am originally from Florida, although I live in Jacksonville, NC right now and am currently in Afghanistan enjoying every day of my life with very little sarcasm. <_<

Anyway, I had come up with an all around upper body routine for my guys on shift to do to keep them engaged in between our "lunch" (read: around 0100 in the morning) and our "dinner" (read: everyone elses breakfast) and I created a spreadsheet to track my progress, and I have been playing a lot of classic RPGs out here in my down time and they all had stats so I thought it would be funny to have RL stats...which lead to a search for a stat tracking formula that led me here.

I would love to share information about the different types of workouts we use and the different types of workouts everyone else uses.

My name is Glenn and I like playing the guitar, and going fast in cars. I am a 28 year old Marine.

Nice to meet you.

Hey Glenn!

Glad to have you here buddy...the excel sheets (and a few other surprises) are on their way.

What old school RPGs have you been playing? I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say...Chrono Trigger? FF3 (VI)? Secret of Mana?

And lastly, thank you for your service...hopefully you hear that all the time, but it's still not enough. Thank you.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.