Forums are back in action! ×

Well, I started with my challenge post (link in sig), now to backtrack to the introduction! The basics: I'm a 23 year old waitress/college student who wants to become a police officer (and not one of the fat doughnut eating ones). I'm studying Criminal Justice in college with a minor in Political Science. The revelation that I wanted to become a cop is actually what started my fitness craze, although in the years since a million other reasons have popped up and become almost as important.

On the fitness end, I started years ago when I hit my maximum weight (175 lbs). It took me over a year to really get into something I could stick to, and it wasn't until August of 2011 I started to make progress (mostly through calorie counting, partly through the "divorce diet" -- when I broke up and moved out of my ex boyfriend's house). I went from 175 to 145 lbs by Dec-Jan. I fell out of the habit for awhile, then went through a spurt over the summer of 2012 of working out a lot and "streamlining" as my current boyfriend calls it. Jump to August of 2012 when I decided to go back to school. Fifteen credit hours and a full time job left me with little time -- or maybe more accurately energy -- for much else. I'm now at about 150 lbs and ready to get back to it.

My goal for this winter break is to get back into an excersize and eating routine that I can carry into the next semester. My boyfriend is set on going Paleo, and my biggest goal for eating is to support him (he went from six-pack to keg in the year I have known him). I won't be going completely Paleo, with things like cottage cheese in my diet, but most of the way. We have started juicing in the mornings for breakfast, cooking and packing lunches for work/school, looking into healthy snacks for hunger cravings (I just made kale chips for the first time today -- amazing!) and he usually cooks us a nice Paleo dinner (pork loin with mushrooms and shallots on the menu for tonight).

So, here we are! Reading all of the articles on NF has given me a ton of inspiration to work out and get back to it, so the next logical step is to become part of the community.

Here is my journey thus far from biggest (don't have many pictures... deleted most of them) chronologically to now:

progression_zps5a31befe.jpg

And my goal! Stolen from the NF article Meet Stacy, she is my end goal! Especially since, her start is almost exactly where I was. I don't have bikini pictures to prove it, but I promise, I looked exactly like her before picture. It's exciting to know that someone with my same body type and similar starting point can end up looking that good! She is also my new inspiration to include a lot more weights! This is the picture from the article -- I want to be her after picture.

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-100358-AM_zpsc

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

Welcome to Nerd Fitness! It's such an interesting story and being a police officer gives you the perfect motivation to be fit. It's something that goes (or should go) hand by hand with the job, just like a Martial Artist. I can't count how many times I've complained that a Martial artist shouldn't be fat.

So shouldn't be a police officer, right?

Hey! you're only 3 days older than me!

Free welcome to stop by the Monks Guild anytime =D We have ninja star paleo cookies

One shot, one life.

Welcome to the rebellion. I'm a volunteer chaplain with a local police department in Texas. Many young officers out of the academy state that passing the PT test should remain mandatory throughout and officers career. Many fire departments do continue testing, that's why you don't see many heavy Fire Fighters. Anyway, good job on your progress so far and good luck for the future.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks, guys! I agree that the physical testing should be mandatory throughout the career of an officer but I understand why it isn't. It costs so much money to train new recruits that having officers constantly on suspension/terminated due to failing the physical would cost the department a lot of money and put a lot of strain on the already overburdened police force. Sucks that money has to be such a drive for all the wrong reasons.

Ninja star paleo cookies?! I'm intruiged.

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

Archived