Forums are back in action! ×

Enter Taz

Hi... >_>

I've been lurking around here for several years; I wasn't interested in fitness per se, yet the blog was still entertaining and fun (sometimes I'd come here just to look at the colorful pictures). Also, it was interesting to see how people transformed themselves.

Recently however, I have become interested in fitness itself. After having seen Jean-Claude Van Damme in Expendables 2, it reminded me of yearssss ago when I was very young I would try to mimic him, especially the splits. Realizing that now some 13 years later I *still* can't do full side-splits, it was depressing. Even if I had started training a year ago, I'd be able to do so much and not just limited to side-splits.
Regardless of that, I'm tired of being tired throughout the day even with 12+ hours of sleep. One thing I don't want in my life is Regret, and I'm sure if I continue on like this I'm going to look back and feel regret for all the hours of life I've slept away... especially at such a young age.
Sadly though, my main reason for wanting to get fit is rather superficial- I'm getting into Cosplay and want to look nice in my outfits. I suppose it's reason enough to get started, but hopefully during my journey my dedication will go from wanting to *look* nice to something more self-caring such as *being* healthy.

All that aside, I'm a female Assassin- age 19, 5'3 around 120lbs. I eat relatively healthy, but I spend all day/week/month in my cave sitting on my lazy butt. I refer to myself more as a dweeb than a nerd. I enjoy playing video-games, mostly action based; I'm a PC gamer, my attempts at playing on other platforms are rather laughable. Action movies are my favorite! But I don't limit myself. I'm quite stubborn too, I usually have to find ways to trap myself into doing something. E.g., join the Rebellion to trap myself into training; out of regard for the people supporting me, I won't want to disappoint them! ... so I'd carry on.

Can't wait for the end of the year when I can look back and say, "It was only a year ago when I couldn't do [insert long list of cool tricks]!"

Human Assassin: Level 1

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 1 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

Welcome to the rebellion. I hear you on PC gaming, I'm an FPS fan (played the heck out of SW Battlefront II), and though I haven't played in a few years, I don't understand how people get headshots without a mouse. Your reasons are your own, and whatever gets you motivated is what you need to get healthy. We often say that the only thing we can't give others is motivation. 12+hours of sleep a day and still feeling tired is one of the warning signs of depression, have you considered seeing a doctor? Certainly beginning to work out is a good first step to try and alleviate this, but if the problem persists even with exercise a doctor is probably a good next step.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome! You're not alone in using cosplay as a motivation - my goal is to cosplay FemShep from Mass Effect. That decision is kind of what caused my motivation to begin working out and eating better. My boyfriend is the one who found this community though and suggested we join up. Now I'm thinking more in lines of health, but it took a very superficial thing to kick my ass into gear. I hope this works for you as well, and I echo tanktimus - if working out doesn't help with the tired issue you may want to go see a doctor. There are lots of body issues that could mess with energy (thyroid, vitamin deficiency, etc.).

Have you looked into the six week challenge?

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Welcome! And what kind of tricks (aside from side-splits) are you interested in being able to do?

GhostGirl, level 1 Gnome assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3

"Defeat, my defeat, my deathless courage, you and I shall laugh together with the storm, and together we shall dig graves for all that die in us, and we shall stand in the sun with a will, and we shall be dangerous." - Khalil Gibran

I definitely prefer the mobility I get from a mouse and keyboard as opposed to other controllers. As for seeing a doctor, I haven't considered it; I'm one of those people that don't go to doctors, unless for serious injuries ^^; Though I had thought my tiredness might be from depression, and if working out doesn't help I'll start with talking to a friend.
I'll be joining the six week challenge today. When I gain enough lvls, I'll want to start training in Parkour. As for other tricks, I want to do handstands, illusion twist... I'll probably try some capoeira since I know someone who wants to get into it. When I dress as a ninja, I want to be able to be like one! ... I have a feeling that I'll use all that to entertain little children :3

Human Assassin: Level 1

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 1 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

Have you seen Steve's blog post for a beginner parkour workout? Check it out here: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/08/12/the-definitive-guide-to-parkour-for-beginners/ 

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived