Forums are back in action! ×

In Which a Pixie Gets Motivated

I've been poking around the NerdFitness site since last fall, but I had convinced myself that I was healthy enough to put off adding exercise into my hectic daily routine. Today though, I had planned to give blood and was deferred. Part of my problem is internal (I'm horribly squeamish), but ultimately I was told that I needed to pack on a few pounds.

See, I've always been able to eat the right proportions (not necessarily the right foods...) and I've never had a problem that adjusting my eating habits couldn't fix. I know that this can't work forever and so I've looked into changing my diet and exercising for a while. However, most of the time when I suggest to friends or family that I want to change my diet or start exercising I usually get: "Why would you want to do that? You're all ready skinny enough!" It's rather discouraging.

So in spite of my full-time student load, my part-time job, and my futile attempts at a social life, I've decided that I can't put this off any longer.

I look forward to growing with everyone else here at NF!

Pixie Assassin *~* Level 1

STR - 2 || DEX - 4 || CON - 3

STA - 1 || WIS - 3 || CHA - 2

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your fornt door." JRR Tolkien

Welcome aboard. Those people who ask why you want to exercise are probably of the mindset that the only reason to exercise is to be not-fat.  Many people on the boards (not me for sure) are thin and want to bulk up. Check out the warriors, some of them are trying to get bigger. The short version is add protein to your diet and lift weights for strength about three times a week. Steve himself struggled with getting bigger, some of his early blog posts focus on this.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the community! While I don't share you issue persay, you certainly are not alone here. Gaining weight for health is definitely a big part of this community. There are definitely ways to make it work despite a crazy schedule, which again, this community will be super helpful with advice.

Also, completely off topic, your hair in your user pic is awesome.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Archived