Forums are back in action! ×

Hello World!

This being Nerd Fitness, I figured I'd start my introduction with everyone's favorite "first computer program." I used to write code in college, until it consumed my life and I began to abhor it. I still have lots of "coder" friends working for super nerdy companies. I, on the other hand, jumped ship before finishing my engineering degree to pursue finance (just like many other failed engineers before me). 

Nevertheless, I am a nerd through and through. I love statistics and analyzing numbers. I am also a big video game fan, but more so of classic NES games than WoW and RPGs. My favorite games are Super Mario Bros (a game I used to be able to beat in less than 9 minutes) and Nintendo World Cup Soccer. Today, my game of choice is Texas Hold'em. I'm not very good, but I'm not losing money.

This is already longer than I intended so I'll just hit the big highlights.

I'm 25 years old and I've been working out on and off for about 1.5 years.

I once won a bet with my best friend (someone who's worked out religiously since high school) that I could gain 15 pounds of muscle in two months, and accomplished the feat in 33 days. Unfortunately, I gained about 10 pounds of fat alongside that muscle from stuffing my gullet with food all day. Anyway, I won a free gym membership for a year, and have since lost the weight (and a lot of the muscle). I now weigh 160 lbs at 6'0"

I came across Nerd Fitness a couple months ago, really liked Steve's writing and the idea of treating working out (and life) like a video game. I'm a very competitive person, and when I read about the six week challenge in the Nerd Fitness community, I decided it's just what I needed to give myself a kick. So here I am. Hello World!

Level 3 Warrior

STR 12.5 | DEX 3 | STA 5.5 | CON 10.5 | WIS 5.5 | CHA 3

Challenge #1

Challenge #2

Challenge #3

Archived