Forums are back in action! ×

Any Cosplayers? :D

Thanks gangs.

@Synyster - first thing would be what basic costumes do you have in mind? I have done everything from basic leather work to surging spandex. I have crafted armor from plastic. I have molded and coasted in several media. I would be happy to share what I know, and point you in the direction of those that know more than I do.

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Time and money, yes. Send me some pics and I will give you some ideas. Venom is one of my next projects, and I have already done a batman suit with a friend. The suit we did is the Val Kilmer suit that is usually called the "Panther" suit.

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

I <3 cosplay! Actually I consider myself more a "costume wearer" than a cosplayer, because I don't have the body type to pull off super accurate costumes, but I'm working on it! I just love to make things :) Here's a helmet I made for a Thor costume last year. The whole costume was good, but I'm most proud of the helmet:

423149_3579059874790_1432839622_n.jpg

• Like 2

Hey guys! I'm a costumer too. :) I've got a set of Mandalorian armor, and an in-progress Jedi costume right now. I've also thought about doing a Viper pilot from BSG, a custom Assassin, FemShep, and several more. I'm glad to see other costumes here, lol.

• Like 1

Level 1 - Adventurer

Strength 1 -- Constitution 2

Dexterity 2 -- Wisdom 2

Stamina 2 -- Charisma 2

Challenge - None currently

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" (Adam Savage, Mythbusters)

"The hardest day was yesterday" (My husband)

I haven't done much cosplay but do love costumes (former burlesque performer and musical theatre nut) and my promised reward to myself at either my goal weight or when I reach my first serious lifting goal (1xBW on both squat and deadlift) is a custom-made steel-boned Wonder Woman costume (I have two great corsetieres because I'm just no good with corsets even though I make kick ass capes and knickers). If and when I get there, I promise I'll post all the pictures. 

• Like 1

That looks incredible!  Such quality craftsmanship! 

Thanks, man. Have put a lot of time, money, and some tears into this costume.

For all those interested in cosplay, Jedi/sith is a great way to start. They are cheap and easy.

Ok, so I've been thinking a lot about who I'm going to Cosplay for Anime Iowa this year.. originally I was thinking about Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star... but now I'm not so sure... SO MANY GOOD THINGS TO CHOOSE FROM!!  I want something that won't be SUPER difficult to pull off, but I want it to be a fairly technical piece..

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin-In-Training

| Str: 3.5 | Dex: 4 | Con: 3.5 | Sta: 6 | Wis: 5 | Cha: 4 |

"May my steel break before my resolve."

I've lost so much weight that I had to take in my red and blue long underwear a bit. I will be losing as Spidey for a charity event this weekend, so hopefully pics to follow.

I really want to cosplay, but didn't have a lot of exposure to anime or even comics or a lot of moves until I was in my late teens, so I have very small resource pool to go from, so getting to see all those amazing pictures of you guys is inspiring. Not to mention cool. 

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

I need to get into prop making and casting if I ever want to do Shepard. Any tips, ladies and gentlemen? Basically looking into best methods to make futuristic armor and/or weapons.

I'm no expert, and have no tips. I have the crafting abilities of a small chunk of limestone.

But...

By Shepard, I assume you mean from Mass Effect? This could be useful if you were looking to have some N7 armor to wear. Or this if you'd rather the on-ship uniform. As for prop weapons, I know there are insructables on there for those too, because I've seen them, but I can't for the life of me find them... There are lots of great prop-making ones though, with techniques that are widely applicable, it just takes some searching.

Dare mighty things

I know nothing about this Shepard, but a good way to start stuff like that is with craft foam and ABS plastics.

I'm no expert, and have no tips. I have the crafting abilities of a small chunk of limestone.

But...

By Shepard, I assume you mean from Mass Effect? This could be useful if you were looking to have some N7 armor to wear. Or this if you'd rather the on-ship uniform. As for prop weapons, I know there are insructables on there for those too, because I've seen them, but I can't for the life of me find them... There are lots of great prop-making ones though, with techniques that are widely applicable, it just takes some searching.

Yeah, I've been glancing through a lot of the instructables and different methods people have used. It's a bit over my head just because I've never worked with the material or a heat gun before. Sewing isn't a problem for me, but accessories and highly-detailed work is. Still, it's my dream to pull off a FemShep so I need to get back into the research and set a future con date. I figure I have a few years, since I kind of like the idea of being the correct age for Shepard. :) I'm looking 27 in the face, so two years is my time frame.

I know nothing about this Shepard, but a good way to start stuff like that is with craft foam and ABS plastics.

I hear great things about craft foam. I really need to just go out and buy some and start playing with it. I think I'll make this a goal in the next challenge since it will be summer and my summer session is over by the end of June.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

But...

Also holy crap, I just clicked on the second link. This might be exactly what I need to pull off casual Shep for Otakon (some friends are trying to talk me into it, but I'm dragging my heels because I don't have a costume) Thank you so much for the link!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi