Forums are back in action! ×

A mook no more!

Hello everyone!

Finally got around to sitting down and introducing myself. 

I'm from San Antonio, TX. I'm a father of 3 wonderful kids and I've been married to the woman of my dreams for 9(10 this July) years.

I served in the military for 9 years. I always hated running. I was picked on a lot for maxing out the scores for push-ups and sit-ups on PT tests and just skating by with the minimum on the run. I think I'm just doing it wrong. I tire out quickly, even when I was in the best shape I've been in my life, and my feet start to KILL me! When I left active duty I just went plain lazy. I ate like crap and didn't get off my rear end for any reason.

Many reasons have made me want to push myself to be in better health. I can't really narrow down one in particular. They all suck. It sucks not having the energy to play with your kids. It sucks getting winded trying to take the stairs. I dont know if anyone else is willing to admit it, but it sucks not being in the kind of shape to "perform" for an extended period of time in the bedroom.

I'm not that far overweight, but I feel really unhealthy and lazy. I spend most of my day sitting on my rear end so my back is always hurting and I'm so inflexible that I can barely reach my toes.  It's embarrassing.

Well no more I say!

I actually found this site after someone linked to Spezzy's story on Reddit  If you happen to read this, you and Saint's stories are what inspired me. I spent a few months reading through articles, trying to figure out what it was I needed to do. Now I figure is the best time to stop thinking and just DO.

Anyway thank you all and I hope to be able to share my success with you soon!

Mookish - Level 1 Half-orc Warrior

Str - 3, Dex - 2, Sta - 2, Con - 4, Wis - 2, Cha - 2

Welcome aboard Mookish :3. Put enough time in, and you won't tire or have trouble reaching your toes. I guarantee it.

Thanks! It's gonna take a lot of willpower to undo the horrible habits I've let myself get into but I'm going to do it!

Its best to not rely on willpower mainly, but rather, in making it automatic.

An example is drinking only water and alcohol socially, but no other drinks unless offered or at a social event.

If theres no junk food home, then theres no temptation.

Just my 2 cents :3

Sneaky Goblin Assasin

Level 2

STR :7DEX:4STA :4CON :6 WIS :2 CHA :2 

Everything can be a challenge :3

Welcome, Mookish! I also live in San Antonio with my wife and 2 daughters. I am in the same boat as you. I want to get healthy, so that I can always be around for my family.

Élan Scout Level 2STR-5, DEX-4.5, STA-8.25, CON-1.5, WIS-3, CHA-2I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Compete Everyday

Its best to not rely on willpower mainly, but rather, in making it automatic.

An example is drinking only water and alcohol socially, but no other drinks unless offered or at a social event.

If theres no junk food home, then theres no temptation.

Just my 2 cents :3

Right but for now I mean keeping myself focused and excuse free.

Welcome, Mookish! I also live in San Antonio with my wife and 2 daughters. I am in the same boat as you. I want to get healthy, so that I can always be around for my family.

A fellow San Antonian! What are the odds?  Best wishes to you and your goals!

Yeah, more Texans! Thanks for your service Mookish and welcome to the rebellion. Yoga for weight loss is a good way to lose some weight while getting flexible, strenght training is another great way to lose weight. What are some of your fitness goals?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yeah, more Texans! Thanks for your service Mookish and welcome to the rebellion. Yoga for weight loss is a good way to lose some weight while getting flexible, strenght training is another great way to lose weight. What are some of your fitness goals?

Thanks. I've actually been thinking I'd do yoga in the mornings before I leave for work. It's a 1.5 hr commute for me right now.  I tried yoga a couple months back, but was pretty discouraged because I can't do some of the poses. I definitely don't want to chance that in front of people in a class either. Overall fitness wise I'd like to see the kind of muscle I had when I came back from my last deployment. I was 155 lbs with only about 9.5% body fat. I want to concentrate less on the weight itself and more on the body fat percentage. I wasn't able to dig out my old caliper because it grew legs and disappeared in the years its been since I used it last.  I need to order a new one and see where I stand now. 

I want to have energy. I want to be strong. And I want to look good naked again.

Archived