Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, again!

Hello, all!

My reasons for wanting to live a healthier and more nurturing life aren't much different from everyone else's, of course I want to thrive, enjoy my life, and of course look good naked (who doesn't?!) but recently I've been given a much greater reason to get myself on course with living a healthy and active life. 

My husband was just sworn in as a police officer and over the last few months I've come to the conclusion that with his job comes a whole new set of expectations for me. Gone are the days of a "normal" schedule for him and the responsibilities of keeping our house running and functioning are all on my shoulders. While his job is chaotic and requires more of him than the normal career, I must provide a safe haven for him to come home to. 

While this does seem like it's imposing a "housewifey" vibe on my life I don't look at it that way. Instead I think that while my husband is out fighting to protect citizens and uphold the law, I will be taking care of everything else in our life. I must prepare for the every day battles. Just think, while Leonidas was out holding back the Persians his Queen Gorgo was back home protecting everyone else. She had to be just as strong, probably stronger, to defeat those who doubted her and tried to do harm in the absence of the King. 

So, I'm preparing myself for this new role by actually investing in myself. If I'm going to be strong enough to deal with all that comes with running the home, having a full time job, and being emotionally supportive of a police officer and all that entails then I'm going to have to be physically as well as mentally strong. 

It's as simple as that. 

I'm super happy to be here and am appreciate of all the positive energy that every one puts out into the universe for each other. 

That's some really awesome motivation. I'm actually trying to become a police officer myself, and I find it amazing that you are so accepting and supportive. It does really seem to be tough on the ones you love when you enter into that kind of work, and I can only hope I can have that kind of support system when I make it.

Kudos to you, and good luck on your journey!

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

Welcome to the rebellion. I'm a volutneer police chaplain, so the Law Enforcement community is special to me. There are special challenges being a police spouse. I recommend googling "Wives on Duty." It's a great support group for LE spouces.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived