Forums are back in action! ×

Introducing myself

Hi everyone, I'm new here so I thought I would introduce my self. 

I'm a 29yo Aussie living in the UK and working as a 3D Artist so I spend way too much time sitting down. 

After backpacking for a year and stopping to live in the UK two years ago, I have sort of ceased to do any exercise.

I have always told myself that I would get my body in shape to a point that I was happy with it with some sort of muscle definition. Problem was I could never really find the motivation to do so. Now that I'm 10 months off turning 30, I figure now is the time to really start. 

Anyway I have always been a runner and when I felt the need to exercise, I would run. However by the 7-10km mark I was usually pretty bored and after a few weeks of doing that I would tend to stop exercising again. 

Since the start of the year (yes a whole 11 days) I have built up some enthusiasm to start building up some muscle and work on my exercise goals at home (which is much better then running because winter is miserable). And so far so good - albeit a bit sore and achy (the good 'ive just done exercise' kind).

Which brings me to why I'm here. As I said, I have had 11 days of enthusiasm and 11 days of exercise, but if I don't join some sort of community to keep myself accountable and motivated, I could possible loose all that and have to start again. And obviously being a nerd it definitely seems like the right place for me. 

So thats my situation in a nutshell. 

I'd like to say hi to everyone and hopefully I'll be talking to you all a bit more in the future. 

Welcome mate

- if you love running but hate the distance factor (sounds like me) then I find interval training to be great. Long, slow distance is so dull. Run short, intense and fast.. Huge benefit and you do not need stupid amounts of time (plus it is rarely boring... no time for that!)

Race - Human

Class - Jedi / Sentinel Level - 4 / 0.5
Battle Log: Holo-Log

Current Challenge: Nil

Welcome to the rebellion. I recommend getting in on the six week challenge that started monday, that will be a great place to have some accountability. If you get bored past the 7-10km, then don't run more than 5-6k at a time.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived