Forums are back in action! ×

I can haz real weights! Um, what now?

alr

I have an olympic bar and plan to commandeer some of the Swede's plates, plus finally got the matching 15 and 5 pound dumbbells so I could do two-handed stuff. So there is a huge list of things I have wanted to do but couldn't. What should I add to it?

(I WILL be able to squat my own weight a few dozen times by the end of spring, and am making big plans for deadlifting, hanging and pressing and cleaning - which for the record sounds a lot like what I do with my clothes after I pick them up every morning - as well as some manmakers. What else?)

My boss said the bar was totally not for me when I was hauling it out of work today, which was a little irritating since I had my purse on one elbow, a bag of other stuff on the other arm, and was carrying a 45 pound bar in one hand and 20 pounds of dumbbells in the other. I mean, wait, no, I am just freakishly strong for my size because I don't work out. I'm the one who was trying to explain protein goals to you in the breakroom last week. You already know I work out several hours a week, but NO, the weights are not for me. GRRRR.

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

There's that bear complex that looks like an ass kicker http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?1066-The-Bear-Complex!&highlight=bear

Screw your boss- lift heavy shit :D

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

I know! The bear complex looks like so much fun! I think it may take me a bit to get there but I totally will.

The crazy thing is that I lift and carry heavy shit at work ALL THE TIME. One of the hardlines guys and I talk fitness stuff all the time. I have to match people's shoes to their build/stride/activity all day and processed a stack of truck six feet high and twenty feet long just a couple of days ago. So yeah. I can bust out boxes of hiking boots stacked way over my head, but lift weights? Don't be silly.

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin