Forums are back in action! ×

A new recruit for the rebellion!

After following Nerd Fitness and reading Steve's inspiring articles for a while I guess it's my turn to join the Rebellion! Born in the year of 1987 I'm soon to be of 24 years of age, I am of Swedish decent and am currently studying at Linköping University in Sweden.

Since early age I've been a bit of a lone wolf, picking up hobbies and interests that comes with the territory. I have always loved games and animation, from morning cartoons to the latest blockbuster games I've been there in my room glued to the screen. I was first introduced to video games with the NES and games like Super Mario and Ducktales. As I grew older I started picking up similar interests, I dived into the world of computers and started drawing and learning 3d and game development. (which I worked with for a couple of years) Before I knew it a lot of time had gone by and my mind is mostly filled with fiction and very few dear memories. A year ago things wasn't going so well, I was on quite a self destructive path and was doing some really stupid things because of it. As I noticed I had wasted what could have been the most important time in my life, instead of spending time with people around me it was all entertainment and computers, I was heading down what felt like a corrosive path, I decided to aim for change. I quit my job, because it teared on my health and applied to the university instead. I'm currently taking a base year to get my qualifications straight, next year I'm applying for a five year long education for a master in computer science.

With that said I hereby embark on an epic quest of self improvement! I shall become fearless like a Viking, disciplined like a samurai, dexterous like a ninja and radiate respect like a knight in shining armor. If anything I shall become Solid Snake himself! As this is a quest of a lifetime I will create a workout battle log of my own, not only will it act as a journal of my physical achievements but also the center for my whole journey.

With that said I'm reporting for duty! *salutes*