Forums are back in action! ×

Trying again... you know... again again....

I've been in and out of this community for a year or two now, as my motivation to lose weight has waxed and waned.  I've tried different things on my own, but I'm realizing I just can't do this alone.  And right now I don't have it in me to do much, but I still want to try.  

I finished grad school last month, which took a lot out of me, and now I have time, but no motivation.  It seems like everyone is saying "start small, build a habit", so if I can do that then maybe I can build my motivation back up and do more.  So I'd like to start out by doing two full push-ups everyday and build up from there.  It's tiny, but I hope if I start there then it will build up to more.

I'm really trying not to do it alone though, because I know that's why I keep failing.  I'm hoping that maybe a couple of people would be willing to email or message here, regularly, everyday, and maybe together we can build small habits.  I've enjoyed the friendly, nerdy people here in the past, so I hope I can reconnect and build a support system that will help me finally make some progress.

Thanks.  ~Miranda 

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

Hi Miranda, I wish u all the best with your again trying to back to the game :)

Check accountabilities buddies on the forum - they will probably welcome you warmly and give u a push forward whenever u need to. But remember, when comes to action, it's always YOU who needs to do it. We can inspire you, but motivation you will find inside yourself :)

absolutely good luck and remember: YOU ARE AWESOME :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Hi Panzco,

Thank you so much!  I did check there and am waiting to hear back on a group.  I appreciate the support and inspiration, it's definitely why I'm here.  I'm definitely trying to get back into the game, so I really appreciate your welcome.  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Welcome back! I just started a few months ago too, and I've been struggling to stay with it so I know how it goes. A mini challenge like that was good. I did it when I was younger and did like 5 crunches and 2 push ups and worked my way up. It helped me stay motivated for a pretty long time, and I lost a lot of weight... and then the rest of my life took hold. xD

Good luck and lots of encouragement! Feel free to message me if you'd ever like to chat. I understand what communication can do to keep the ball rolling. =)

labingo

level 1 Feol Viera
Monk at heart, training with the Adventurers

STR 3 DEX 1 STA 2 CON 3 WIS 4 CHA 2

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever...
Whether a parting last forever or merely a short time...
That is up to you."- Happy Mask Salesman

Hey Labingo,

Thanks so much.  I definitely understand life getting in the way.  But happy to help as we try to accomplish our goals!  Really appreciate the support!!!

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Archived