Forums are back in action! ×

viva la rebellion!

hello all, after having read some of the great articles, i couldn't NOT join you guys.

brief intro.. I'm dan, 21 (until friday) , from jersey, going to school in FL for chem (FSU) at the end of this summer. i used to be in much better shape, then started to get out of shape once i started drinking more often (since I wouldn't go to the gym). i'd like to get my bodyfat% back down to below 10%, increasing my strength again and cutting the excess fat.

I'm also going to try to get closer to the paleo diet, even though I'm already a pescatarian.

i guess that's a good enough intro.. looking forward to a long and healthy relationship with the community ;)

-dan

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.

-Maya Angelou

I just started getting back to the gym, so I'm working on mostly core and strength training. Chest presses, pushups with feet elevated, crunches with some extra weight, pikes and rollouts on the fitness ball, shoulder presses, squats and deadlifts.. I need to start doing pullups as well.

As far as diet is concerned, I eat plenty of fish, fruit, some of the fake meat products (as they have a lot of protein), and I'm going to try to get closer to the paleo diet, even though I won't be eating most of the lean meats. I have to work on that part, buy a bunch of nuts, berries, etc.

I'm probably gonna pick up The Primal Blueprint just for an idea, although I won't be going 100% paleo since I already have to make up for not eating meat ;)

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.

-Maya Angelou

Hey man, welcome! I also applaud the excellent word-use. For your reading entertainment, I just stumbled across this article on non-meat-paleo. http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegetarian-paleo-diet/ Theres a few very neat tips.

So out of curiosity, you specify you eat fruit, but no mention of veggies. Is that a taste preferance, or part of your philosophy?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Hah, okeedokee. Well, be sure to join our Challenge coming up on the 7th. It's a great way to meet short-term goals and get to know some of the great people we have around here.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins