Forums are back in action! ×

Mission: Get Back TO HOT!!

Greetings to the Rebellion!

Happy to have found a site/group/nerd camp that makes reading about working out and being healthy entertaining! After bouncing back from two kids and managing to somehow lose all the baby weight, I find it is creeping back in small doses all of a sudden. Being married to "Super Workout Everyday No Matter What and Never Eat anything Bad Guy" for 8 years, I was always trying to compare, which always ended up with me feeling inadequate. So, rather than just being myself, I quit! )I know... Boooooo!) But now, after deciding that I am in fact a rather confident hot mom type (excuse the narcissism, its a mechanism hah!), I have come to the conclusion that I have ample time and support to Get Back To HOT!! haha.

So, here I sit finishing this introductory post as quickly as I can in order to start Workout #1..

It is wonderful to "meet" you all!

Here I go. Wish me luck!

I find Star Wars references to be a great motivator to do things.....

Before the big quit, I was strength training 2-3 days a week and doing the treadmill/elliptical grind. Looking back, most of the treadmill/elliptical was half assed and "a waste of time" (Thanks NF for that enlightenment!). I actually really enjoyed going in the weight room at the gym with all the dudes and standing over a bench waiting my turn and was really in a good groove for a time, then we moved and the convenient gym was replaced by none at all. That's where the comparative with the other half comes in..he is amazingly disciplined and great at making it out of his way to workout. I am however, not.

SO my new plan is just to follow the advice of NF by doing the Beginner Body Weight workout and Interval training programs laid out by Steve Kamb! I just finished the circuit 2 times and am LOVING the jell-o legs! I also take an amazing hot yoga class twice a week and have found it to be a nice little island of peace in my week.

I am also always eager to hear about what others are doing and finding to be amazing!

I find Star Wars references to be a great motivator to do things.....

Welcome to the rebel army :) I do mostly barbell/dumbell weight lifting for my workouts at the moment (offseason for ultimate frisbee, bulking back up). Steve's bodyweight stuff is killer for getting back into it and even a great workout for a veteran when you can't get to the gym. I did a yoga class the other day with my wife and it was actually a lot of fun. I need to keep at it to get my flexibility to where it should be and like you said.. it's a great way to relax the mind, especially after an annoying day of work!

Good luck keepin' at it.. hot status awaits!

Hiya! Welcome!

3 cheers for yoga and body weight strength training! Does a body good, that. We have a few badass mothers on the forum, so I'm sure you'll fit right in

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins