Forums are back in action! ×

Time to man up and officially join the rebellion

Hey All,

I've been following the nerd fitness blog for a while now but today I decided it's time I officially join the rebellion.

I first got into fitness 4 or 5 years ago after a break up. I started on one of those fitness programs you see infomercials about. It went great for about a year and I was seeing results. Eventually I started slacking on the workouts and eventually started slacking on the diet as well.

Then I met my now wife and she got me back into running and about a year and a half ago I stumbled upon NF and marks daily apple. I started eating paleo and strength training again. As a result I lost 30 lbs in about 3 months.

This time I think I am going to be able to stick with it because I am setting goals for myself. My first goal was to finish Tough Mudder. As of last September that was a success but I'm not stopping there.

This year I plan to attack the Spartan Race series. I am shooting to finish all three distances in one calendar year.

The reason I finally decided to join the rebellion is because I am constantly told "You're too skinny" and I am criticized about how I eat or told how crazy I am for obstacle course racing . So what better place to get support when I get down then from my fellow rebels. And what better place to find other fools crazy enough to team up with me for a race or 5.

En Taro Adun,

Azrael

Obstacle races are tons of fun. After my first I knew there was no turning back. Depending on how the races this year go I am think of trying to make a go of doing it competitively.

As for race photos I don't have a lot but I'll share what I have when I get home.

I agree. Last year, I did a Tough Mudder and a Run For Your Life. This year, I am already signed up for another Tough Mudder. They are very addictive. Welcome to the Rebellion and good luck with your runs.

Élan Scout Level 2STR-5, DEX-4.5, STA-8.25, CON-1.5, WIS-3, CHA-2I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Compete Everyday

I've been wanting to start the obstacle races as well!  They sound like just my flavor of crazy!  I think I am gonna start with Warrior Dash and Run For Your Lives! though.  Tough Mudder, Go RUCK, and the Spartan Trifecta are goals for a little while longer down the road.  Best of luck to you man, you definitely have come to the right place!

Chriskra, Level 1 Night Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

"The only easy day was yesterday"

I'd love to do a  Tough Mudder, doc says I shouldn't run anymore due to a neck injury I got about 3 years ago...but ya know what? I feel good now, alot better and I think I'm gonna shoot for it.

Meet Me

Elf Adventurer -- (STR: 2, DEX: 3, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3,CHA: 3)

"You're not **UNATTRACTIVE**"  -- (This will forever haunt me, but ultimately how I ended up here.)

Archived