Forums are back in action! ×

Nervous Adventurer/Wannabe Ranger-Assassin

Hi All! My name is Kara. And today is the first day of my new lifestyle. As I write this, I'm already mulling over how I'm going to epically fail...I seem to always start January this way. I am recovering from a hysterectomy (at 32!!!) that I had at the end of November. I've been given the all clear to proceed full tilt with getting myself back together.

I'm going to start the next challenge asI just discovered NF a week ago. I do have goals though and I hope this sets me up to succeed where for the past 9 years I have failed. My current goals are lose 10 lbs over the next 4 weeks, work out at least 3x a week, cut down my coffee consumption from 6 cups to 1, and my big level up is to compete in the Mud Run here in Houston at the end of May. That last one is scary as I'm currently really unfit. But I need motivation and that is a big motivation not to bite it in front of my husband and son...let alone all the people who are crazy enough to do it. Good luck to everyone here on their current goals. :)

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind. - Author Unknown

Race: Wood Elf Profession: Adventurer STR: 1 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 3 Level: 2

Hey, Kara. Great job on setting some goals for yourself. Don't dwell on the past and your perceived lack of success; just concentrate on taking the actions that will lead you to success this time. I found it made a big difference for me when I stopped worrying about the scale and started focusing on body composition (more muscle, less fat) and how my clothes fit. Progress pictures (though they are painful at the beginning) really help in this regard. Performance goals couple great with that, and give you that really concrete thing to move toward.  Anyway, I think you'll find this is a neat community. I hope you find the support you need here and kick butt on your goals.

-Damzie

"Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side..."

Goals: Training (and eating) for strength. 

Stats - 34 years old, 5'7" and 130lbs of woman. And growing.

PRs: 150 Squat, 165DL (have since fixed form but haven't retested 1RM),115lb Bench

Nerd credentials: Very loving relationship with LOTR and other such "nerdy" literature, 34 solid years of social awkwardness. 

Damzie is right. Look forward, not backward. Perceive success, and then strive for it.

Edited due to stupid auto-correct

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Thanks, Y'all! It was a rough first day yesterday. I've dwelt a bit on the past mistakes so I know where I went wrong and avoid those pitfalls. I am striving for at least 50% Paleo. I don't want to dive in too much as I know that's where I usually go wrong. So I am positive right now. I was 90% Paleo yesterday. A big WOOT for me. :)

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind. - Author Unknown

Race: Wood Elf Profession: Adventurer STR: 1 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 3 Level: 2

Look at what made you did the last times you didn't make it all the way through. Learn from it and use it to make it happen and stick this time!  you can do it! Welcome to the rebellion! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived