Forums are back in action! ×

A scale watching Underpants Gnome

I just read steve free e-book about us newbies mistakes.

I am a scale watcher- i get on the scale almost everyday and when the number randomly goes up i get depressed. There was even one time i was 198!! i was SOOO happy i broke 200. then the next day, 202...Sad. so i go and eat cheetoes and bread and sit a play Mass Effect or watch Brave. i figure it must be excess poop in my guts because of my digestive issues....which i'm hoping i'll find out what my issues are on the jan- 31st-2013.

I am also an Underpants Gnome, Yup---i love researching diets!!! i've been doing it for YEARS, South Beach (actually trew aways those books) mainly internet stuff, Skinny Bitch (read a few chapters at barns and noble), Some oraganic book that i donated. a tiny little bible diet mirco mag i stole from my mom (should give that back) Actually the best book i have is the Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. That book just makes sence to me and i'm not giving it up. I also have a hungry girl cook book that i'm thinking of giving to my cousin....maybe. ANND on top of all that i LOVE free stuff.

I have Marks Daily Apple free E-book and cook books (that's i'll never use) I have The Clothes Make the Girl free sample E-book of her Book "Well Fed" by Melissa Juelwan. I also have Nerd Fittnes free paleo e-book and of course the mistakes e-book. and not to mention the FODMAP diet research i got into to try and fix my digestive issues on my own. By the way i've never used of followed any of the information i got from all this reaserch. i'm stuck and phase 1!! I even just downloaded the Angry Birds Work out Work sheet because it seems easy to doing exercises through out the day and see how much i can do. I'VE NEVER EVEN PLAYED THE GAME!!!!

Eat Clean Diet Recharged By Tosca Reno makes perfect sense to me AND it's a flexible diet. if i have food intolerances, which bread seems to be a trigger (i'm hoping to find this out at my appointment) then i just don't have eat it!! and Paleo is Eating Clean ok it's just different word eliminates bread and starch. and junk food and sugar (see sounds clean to me)

So I am going to eat clean. I'm reading the book "again" and i will eat smaller meals, watch my portions sizes, stay away from sugar and "Anti-Foods".........blah blah blah JUST EAT CLEAN AND EXERCISE!!! Tosca Says which is what Steve Kamb says as well. sheesh

Phase 2 has been figured out

Natildora

Your body weight fluctuates by 2-4 pounds throughout the day.  It can be very irritating at times and that's why many people suggest you don't weigh yourself everyday.  Once a week is what I do...every Saturday.  I know some people that only weigh once every 2 weeks or even a  month.  I do it once a week so that I know what I need to do.  If I find that I gained 3 pounds but I know I've been eating right but not exercising the way I should I need to step up the exercise or vise versa. 

You could always join the challenge but it's almost at the halfway point now.  Only  3 weeks left but you could still get something out of it.  If not then you could try a daily battle log in which you just keep track of food, exercise, whatever.  Kind of like a journal or blog.  Others can read it and give you advice or encouragement if needed.

"Do what I do.  Hold tight and pretend it's a plan." -The Doctor

Nothing is impossible.  The word itself says I'm Possible.

Your body weight fluctuates by 2-4 pounds throughout the day.  It can be very irritating at times and that's why many people suggest you don't weigh yourself everyday.  Once a week is what I do...every Saturday.  I know some people that only weigh once every 2 weeks or even a  month.  I do it once a week so that I know what I need to do.  If I find that I gained 3 pounds but I know I've been eating right but not exercising the way I should I need to step up the exercise or vise versa. 

You could always join the challenge but it's almost at the halfway point now.  Only  3 weeks left but you could still get something out of it.  If not then you could try a daily battle log in which you just keep track of food, exercise, whatever.  Kind of like a journal or blog.  Others can read it and give you advice or encouragement if needed.

i'm in the challege....i just don't know how to get into my signature link thingy :( sorry.

the scale is a bit addicting you know.....it's like........I HAVE TO WEIGH MYSELF!!!

Natildora

You must commit to *not* stepping on the scales. Once a week, Monday mornings, after the toilet and before breakfast. That's it.

Checking your weight too much will just lead you down that dark path you already know, of getting depressed and indulging in comfort eating. So don't fall into that trap. And get the cheetos and other junk food *out* of the house, so it's not available for easy snacking.

but but......ok

Natildora

Hah the scale addiction was my problem as well....... but then we decided to just get rid of it. Remember that its all about getting healthy. Numbers aren't always proof of health. I was 120 lbs as a teen and had coffee/red bull/mt dew every morning, chips for lunch and del taco at 1 or 2 in the morning lol skinny.... but not the image of health lol i'd take 130 or 140 lbs of pure health and muscles over that frail 120 lbs of mush. Now if i'm ever curious about my weight progress I step on the scale at the gym... that way I'm not addicted to it being in my home, but I can also keep track of my progress in the weight dept out of pure curiousity.

Bexxstahh

Level 1 || Adventurer

Race: unknown

"If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done."

Go to your challenge thread, and copy the URL (click right mouse button, select Copy). Now, click on your name in the very top right of the screen. Click on "My Settings". Click on "Signature". Edit it however you like (e.g. reduce stats to one line, and add an extra line saying "Current challenge"). With your mouse, select the text you want to make a link to your challenge thread (e.g. "Current challenge"). Click on the little icon that looks like chain links with a little green circle with a plus sign in the middle. Paste in your URL (click right mouse button, select Paste). Click Save Changes.

i tired that. it keeps showing the entire URL...........i'll try again. Thank you

Natildora

Archived