Forums are back in action! ×

My name is Dexter, and I found this site accidentally when looking for stuff related to parkour. I've been practicing parkour for a few months now, and before that I did a month or two of different body weight exercises, which helped get me started a little bit. I used to not really exercise at all before that, sitting on my butt playing video games for hours inside, and playing yugioh were about my only hobies. By seeing someone play Mirror's Edge, and then being told that the movements in the game were entirely possibly changed my whole outlook on exercise, because I found the idea of parkour and freerunning to be so damn cool. That's my introduction for now.

Assassin's Creed got me into wall climbing and interested in parkour (yeah, that's gonna be a while). Welcome!

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

My name is Dexter, and I found this site accidentally when looking for stuff related to parkour. I've been practicing parkour for a few months now, and before that I did a month or two of different body weight exercises, which helped get me started a little bit.

Hey, parkour is neato! I went to a place called The Monkey Vault in Toronto (an indoor parkour training place) and it was wild. I've never done that before, but it was awesome. I can forsee in the future me doing more of that because I think parkour is sweet. I just need more confidence! :)