Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, getting back on the fitness train!

Hi everyone!

So been reading a lot of the site, and had signed up to receive email alerts, so thought I'd finally get started on here in the hope it will propel me to do more, as I feel I'm much more of a team player.

I'm 21 and graduated last year, I've been at a new job for a couple of months and have started settling in, but I still haven't quite got in to a fitness regime. Back at uni I was in the rowing team, and that was good as I trained 5/6 times a week, and ended up in great shape at the end of it (Still on the skinny side, but that would have taken me away from my goals). Now that I don't really have other people to compete against I'm finding it tough to work out, especially as I'd spent the past 6 weeks crashing on other people's floors.

But now I've got my own place, and I'm trying to settle in to a routine, I've never been a fan of the gym so I'm trying out bodyweight work-outs at home, mixed in with runs on every other day. I'm attempting to go to a local running club, and also sign up for a triathlon club, as I've got an Olympic triathlon in September, and a half-marathon in April. But I'd like to try and slim down and get stronger, I'm not particularly unfit at the moment, but I have(had) a fairly fast metabolism so most of what I eat just falls straight off me.

What my long term goals really are is I have this Olympic triathlon this september, I'd love to do a 70.3 triathlon next year and follow that with an Iron Man the year after, so they're probably my long term goals.

I look forward to being part of the community, I've been reading it for years now.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a new Scout to me. :) The nearby roads and bodies of water better beware.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

A Challenge thread in the Scouts forum, discussions in any of the Endurance related sub-forums, or the IRC chat if you show up at the right times (sadly the Warriors and Rangers out number us there by quite a bit most of the time). 

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Archived