Forums are back in action! ×

Life is a cicus act - Learn to juggle!

Which is exactly one of the things I'm learning to do among others.

I'm from BC, Canada. Part of the reason I'm trying to lose weight (aside from feeling better and being fit) is to be a better preformer. I'm 24 as of the end of this year and a university student majoring in Geography.

I have a lot of interests (to many to actively persue all of them even, but I try.)

I grew up bullied and generally we could term it: Persecuted. (I'm not a witch I'm NOT a witch! But you are dressed as one!) But that's in the past and dealing gets easier with time.

After graduating high school (not fit then either) and going to university I gained probably 70 lbs. I actually lost that and a little more. I got down to 160 lbs from 233, and then the world imploded, my (little) family moved and I've sort of been out of sorts ever since. I've gained BACK 15 lbs over the past 6 months.

My ultimate goals are to be at 145 lbs give or take. I'm extremely muscular and generally dense. But 145 sounds amazing to me. (And of course, I've always been flexible about my goals.)

So that's me, or at least, some of me. Hi. : )

Hiya, welcome!! I have tried so hard to learn juggling, and as soon as that ball is in the air I just panic. It's the funniest damn thing to watch, but rather frustrating! What all sortsa stuff do you do?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

It's strange how easy it was until about 175 lbs. Then it got hard. ._.

For exercise, I'm usually cycling, though I like to walk to places as well. Right now I'm living just outside my comfort zone for walking to school or work but I'm thinking this month will be the month I start walking home.

My diet is ok, most of where I fall into a pit is just not stopping eating when I'm full (which is something to meditate on I'm sure). And roughly randomized junk food binges, but I'm treating that stuff like smoking. (My will is weak though).

I don't actually juggle with the three balls all regular like, so much as contact juggling (which is what David Bowie was doing in Labyrinth : P) I'm trying to learn to juggle with three balls and the throwing and what not, but its not coming well. My partner tells me to juggle facing a wall so that I'm focusing on position more, but I just end up walking into the wall eventually. (It does help though).

Welcome on board :)

Doing humanitarian work in Palestine or places alike and not have a strong will doesn't fit well for me. To look danger in the face to help people (don't know if it is really so bad down there) takes a lot of courage. And yes, running away would be a very helpful skill I think, maybe you should try parcour ;)

Good luck with the juggling. Juggling against a wall helped me a lot with 3 balls. It takes some practise but you will have better position and coordination afterwards. Unfortunately I can't get myself up again to learn more, so I'm stuck with 3 balls. What I began to learn is contact staff. That is some smooth stuff :D

Add me in Fitocracy

History will be kind to me. For I intend to write it.

hey seraph, welcome!

a little tip that may help you with your juggling (i used to have a job as a juggler on stilts at 6 flags) - don't think of it as catching the balls. think more like you're throwing the ball to your other hand. that alone may help you stand in place, as you're not moving to catch the balls, you're focused on throwing them to your other hand more accurately ;).

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.

-Maya Angelou