Forums are back in action! ×

Going Paleo

I am a newbie to all of this and I am on my first day of going Paleo.  My chiropractor had recommended moving to meat, vegies and fruit only but I had been resisting until I found this site now I am excited and motivated.  I may not be as nerdy as some on this website and maybe nerdier than others (I would definitely choose reading over going out any day of the week), but like everyone here I am looking to make some changes and take control of my life. 

I am overweight and tired a lot of the time.  I have two kids and I want to be able to run around and be crazy with them without getting out of breath and feeling uncomfortable.  I also want to make sure I am around to see them grow up.  So, today is day 1 of the rest of my life.

Today is my first day back on Paleo. My resisting has been stemming more from convenience than anything else.  I have been wanting to do it but have lacked the energy and was just eating what is put in front of me, usually wheat of some sort or noodles.  now I have enough energy to cook, well, if its shortly after a nap.  Until I can get to the point I can start living again (slowly building back up with walking), the only thing that I really have is what I eat to lose weight.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Paleo is a great way to start feeling more energy, but be prepared for it to take a few days.  The first time I started paleo I felt horrible at first, but trust me it gets so much easier and you'll feel really good.

Level 1  Pixie

Ranger

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

I lost nearly 137 pounds on a mostly Paleo diet. I say nearly because I didn't start with a Paleo diet and I say mostly because for the past 9 months I've been eating some additional carbs like yams because I've found that the leaner I get the less sensitive I am to carbs for some reason. It seemed that 15 pounds ago if I ate too many carbs or "the wrong kind" I could feel the extra weight for days...

You can see my before and after pic in my intro: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/23762-hello-world/

I'm a firm believer in Paleo, but I also don't think that most people need to be religious about it and stick to it 100% of everyday to see good results.

Archived