Forums are back in action! ×

About frakking time....

Hello all!

I'm going to confess straight away, I've been reading Nerd Fitness and lurking around these forums for months. Everytime I've thought 'Whoa, this looks exactly like the sort of thing I could do with' but alas I've only just actually got round to signing up! Motivation really isn't a strong point....

Anyway, a bit about me. I'm 26, live in the UK and work as a Scientist in Healthcare. I'm massively into science fiction, reading, gaming and cooking. At the moment I'm battling addiction on two fronts; completing Mass Effect 2 again and rewatching Battlestar Galactica.

So my reason for joining, there are lots of aspects of my life that I'd like to improve. Namely, to eat better, get fitter, lose weight and to most importantly develop some positive habits for a more varied and satisfying weekly routine. I work both long hours and have a 90+ minute commute to and from work, as a result my current post work routine is nearly always; 1) Eat 2) Mooch about watching TV or playing games 3) Sleep. Hardly very varied or satisfying.....

From what I've read so far, Nerd Fitness seems an amazing community. Full of motivation, knowledge and a healthy dose of nerd, humour and sarcasm! Right, I might come back to this later to add some more things but I'm off to actually start contributing to the forums instead of just reading for a change! 

Xepher || Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR 2  |  DEX 2  |  STA 3  |  CON 3  |  WIS 3 |  CHA 2

Introduction || Initiation Mini-challenge

Welcome! Your job sounds very interesting, but very demanding! Long commutes can really zap any motivation out of your day. I find I am usually too tired to work out at night, and prefer to do it at home instead. I am sure you will figure out something that works for you. I wish you the best of luck with your goals!

Archived