Forums are back in action! ×

Clean n' Clear(er)!

Synbeth

I've been trying out (and loving) the Paleo diet for about 3.5 weeks now, tailored especially to my college-aged needs. I may not be following it directly by the book, but WOW! I'm an unfortunate sufferer of guttate psoriasis, an auto-immune disease that covers my entire body (read 80%-90%) in these horrific rashy-like scales for months at a time. For me, my outbreaks are triggered by fever of any kind and is usually treated with intense amounts of topical steroids for weeks at a time. It's even worse to say that I'm probably only full clear for about 3 months a year, if that.

And you know what?

They're clearing ON THEIR OWN! That's right folks--no drugs for me! Even my psoriasis scars (from the medication and sunlight combination) are disappearing! I have every reason to believe my eating habits, particularly the loss of grains, are contributing significantly to this, and let me tell you, it feels FANTASTIC! The best part? A healthier lifestyle will hopefully keep the illness away, preventing me from having another outbreak for seemingly no reason. 

You all are awesome. Today is a good day.  :nevreness: 

Now excuse me while I go put on my swimsuit in celebration...

I used to be conceited, but now I'm absolutely perfect. 

Archived