Forums are back in action! ×

Personal Woot

Kassar

Not sure this is a Woot Room topic but I'll put it here anyway :peaceful:

I have the most amazing wife :nevreness:

2 days ago I told her how I was going to try and make some drastic changes to my diet and to get fit again after years of inactivity. She seemed a little sceptical at first but I told her about the paleo diet and how it made sence to me and that I wasnt going in 100% all guns blazing. I want to cut out a lot of the crap in my diet like bread, coke and chocolate and to only have pasta occasionaly instead of most meals I eat. we went shopping togeather and talked about different foods and how we could make the change to a healthier lifestyle. One of the things we knew I would struggle with is snacking I have a tendency to grab a chocolate bar anytime I go near a shop or if i am going to do some housework I will grab a 2 litre bottle of coke and some chocolate as "motivation" (I would do the work regardless was just making an excuse for more junk food).

Any way now for the Woot part. I go to work take a packet of nuts with me to tide me over until I get home to cook myself a steak. while at work I get a message from my wife telling me she made some salad to go with my steak when I get home. what she didnt tell me was she had done some research on paleo snack foods and made a heap up for me :nevreness: all in containers with sticky notes saying what they are and what is in them. (My favorite so far is these balls made from dried apricot, saltanas, walnuts and coconut)

Now I know that my wife is on board for my challange it seems like it will be so much easier.

That's awesome!  The support of the Important People in our lives makes such a big difference!

And it sounds like you're off to a very promising start :)

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Not sure this is a Woot Room topic but I'll put it here anyway :peaceful:

<snip>

I have the most amazing wife :nevreness:

trust me, the woot worthy bit of all of that is that you  have someone in your corner.  me & my wife don't agree on a lot and we've been on the skids a lot in the last year ... but she's always been supportive.  you can't ask for more, I learned that the hard way :(

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived