Forums are back in action! ×

Introductions

Hi everyone.

I'm Australian. I'm currently living in Canada though (screw you winter, seriously)

Since 2010 I have lost about 100lbs. I have sadly gained a bit of that back so I'm here to try and get back on track and keep heading for that goal. That goal being a healthy weight for my height (which annoyingly is very very short).

I've been doing the whole 'clean eating' thing for a bit over a year. I hadn't heard much about Paleo before finding Nerd Fitness and it's kind of intrigued me, though I'm not sure how to make it work for me as I very rarely eat meat and a lot of the foods I eat for protein are on the no eat list for Paleo. I need to do more research (luckily I love research) and obviously any advice on this would be really cool.

As for workouts, I like doing aerobics with weights. I have a pretty extensive workout dvd collection (as well as loving research I also love collecting) and I do them in my lounge room. I have no interest in joining a gym.

I do Aikido and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes twice a week. That may or may not be related to my secret dream of one day being a kick ass cage fighter! I also walk lots.

And for me as a person. I love comic books, Batman is my favorite superhero. I'm more into DC than Marvel. My top 3 fave comic
artists/writers ever are David Finch, David Mack and James O'barr. I love to collect comic book related sketches (mostly Batman)
and the current prize of my collection is an amazing Neil Adams Batman that he drew just for me. I really love punk music (mostly from the 80's and 90's) and grunge.  I'm obsessed with science fiction, particularly post apocalyptic, dystopian and cyber punk. My favorite author is William Gibson.

I'm pretty shy so I'm probably gonna lurk for a while till I get the hang of this board. I look forward to being a part of this community and having a cool support group to reach my goal with.

Archived