Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings fellow Rebels!

Hello there everyone, I'm new to Nerd Fitness and would like to take a moment to introduce myself. 

I'm Private Dubyuh.  To talk a little bit about my fitness history: I wrestled and ran distance races (up to half marathon) in high school.  More recently, I joined the Marine Corps Reserves, which also helped put me at a good level of fitness.
However, when I returned from training I fell into a nasty rut and didn't keep working out like I should have (personal and financial issues that are now mostly resolved).  However, after reading a Nerd Fitness article about how working out is one thing you can control no matter what, I was able to take my life back into control like I sorely needed to.

So, right now I'm sitting at 5'10" and 190 lbs after gaining weight the past month (probably 20-25% body fat, but I'm not sure).  I guess right now I'd be an Adventurer with plans to become a Ranger, possibly with a multiclass.  I do P90X resistance training videos for my strength training and run for my cardio.  I know that barbell training is better, but I'm in the process of moving so it doesn't make financial sense to join a gym right now. I'm planning to join a gym after I move, though. 
My main goals for the year are: 
1. Get to 20 pullups (I'm at 12)
2. Run another half marathon
3. Cut body fat to 10-15%

I'm doing an 8/16 intermittent fast and transitioning into the paleo diet.

So, I think that's all I needed to say. It's a pleasure to meet all of you and I hope my stay in this community will be long and prolific.  Who knows, maybe I'll help someone out of a rut someday!

Archived