Forums are back in action! ×

I have always been a biker and swimmer and decided 2 years ago to add running with the goal of doing triathalons. I completed a bunch of 5k runs my first year and was doing good. Then last year I did my first half marathon and biked 1000 miles. With the increase in cardio came the increase in carbs, mostly boxed pasta, which tanked my health.

So, I found paleo, which lead me to nerd fitness. I loved the lego pictures. I'm a graduate student in engineering. From one Steve's posts I read the book Paleo for Athletes which explained why I was having all the problems I was. I decided I am not going to purchase any nonpaleo foods and after I eat what I have left in my apartment I will give it a month and see how my running is going. Focusing on macronutrition is something I have never done. I was only looking at calories in the past which lead to a very unbalanced diet. I'm hoping this community can give me new ideas for things to eat while training.

I am signed up to complete a marathon at the end of September. To help me train I have a milage calendar taped to my fridge. If I can stick to the training I will have run over 500 miles this year. The long term goal is to finish the Madison Ironman for my 30th birthday in 2017.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Welcome to NF!  Sounds like your people may congregate in the Scouts forum over there ---> http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/forum/228-scouts/

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Archived