Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel writing from rural Japan!

Hi there!

I'm currently living in rural Japan teaching English. I have all kinds of time to myself and I'm really excited about using it to get in better shape!

I've been a runner since joining my high school cross country and track teams, and I also played competitive ultimate frisbee in college. I love team sports, but unfortunately there aren't any accessible to me in this remote place and very different culture! I find it hard to workout without the motivation of a team, so I'm looking to find a new team here!

I weigh 148 pounds and I'm 5'4". I started training for a marathon last fall and made it up to 13 miles, but going home for Christmas and a weird quad injury derailed my training. Now I'm looking to find a new way to get in shape that's different from the run-more-eat-less method that never seems to change anything.

I am meeting my boyfriend in Hawaii in 6 weeks and I would love to have a slimmer middle by then! I don't care very much about weight, I would just like to tone my stomach, whether that means losing fat or gaining muscle. I certainly could use some of both!

I just bought the Rebel Strength Guide Basic and I'm excited to get started on some body weight exercises and intervals. I need the support of a team to get back in shape, so I'm excited to get to know people on this site! (Especially ladies because I'm getting a pretty masculine vibe). :)

I can't wait to meet you all and get started!

-BigInJapan

post-13373-0-31893000-1360368176_thumb.j

Hey! I am pretty new, but I am a lady and I will be your friend! That is so neat that you are teaching there! Traveling is so cool and it is an experience that you will be able to remember fondly forever. I started cutting out grains and sugar from my diet and lost a lot of pooch from my tummy area. Definitely a lot flatter than two months ago! So you may want to explore some of the nutrition threads and see what might work for you. Welcome!

Archived