Forums are back in action! ×

Where have I been?

Hello,

I found Nerd Fitness less than an hour ago and know this is the place for me. I'm a 26 year old woman and I'm looking to do something new with my life. I've been a vegetarian for the last 10 years and in the last few months I've gained around 10lbs. The paleo diet would be an interesting shift. I want to do more with myself and I know that if I can get my energy up I can accelerate my life.

Last year I ran a 10k in 1:15. I definitely want to cut that time in half. I like running and being active. I think that's essential to who I really am. Aside from all the running and fitness I hope to do this year, I want to make more art. I may not be the best film maker but I put forth a great effort.

I work as a cook so my eating isn't always the issue so much as getting up and exercising. I'm great at eating right, not so great at exercising regularly. I tried CrossFit for the first time the other day and it was a great challenge, except I have no muscles! I want to get back into my regular yoga practice.

There's a lot I wasn't out of my life and lifestyle, but most important I want some help in transforming and to help someone else transform as well.

Ok, enough rambling!

Lets get fit.

Welcome to Nerd Fitness Tree. That is an ambitious time goal but you can probably make it there if you keep at it, stupid genetics. On a happier note, it's great that you are getting more active with your art. Everyone comes with their own weaknesses, but together we can fill them all. :)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

You sound a lot like me. I barely ate any meat the last 7 years. Then I started upping my running milage and my body wasn't happy. After reading Paleo for Athletes, I am eating animal at least twice a day. I had the best run of the past 5 months yesterday; the diet change is good. I also need to get back into yoga. My calves are always tight but I used to be able to touch my heels to the ground in down dog. So there is hope. Welcome to the group.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Archived