Forums are back in action! ×

The nerdiest way?

sumdawgtwigg

Has anyone read this? I saw it on the discount rack at my local bookstore and I have to admit the first thing I felt was that the guy was ripping off nerdfitness. Of course that was probably just some weird over defensive thing going on inside my fanboy head. Anyway, I just wanted to get your guys opinion? Worth the time or is it on that rack for a good reason?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10723227-the-nerdist-way

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I read The Nerdist Way a few months ago...I love Chris Hardwick but a lot of the stuff in there sounds very similar to NF, which I believe has been around for awhile.

But in order to not do the defensive fan girl thing, I just try to sit back and enjoy some of the stories Hardwick has. I do have to say though, NF has so far been more helpful in the change department.

lifelong nerd girl. former gym class deserter.

Challenge #1; Challenge #2

I sat myself down and shot my fear in the face

I read The Nerdist Way a few months ago...I love Chris Hardwick but a lot of the stuff in there sounds very similar to NF, which I believe has been around for awhile.

But in order to not do the defensive fan girl thing, I just try to sit back and enjoy some of the stories Hardwick has. I do have to say though, NF has so far been more helpful in the change department.

Yeah, I'm still thinking about picking it up and at least enjoying it for what it is. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Nerdist Way is good, somewhat similar content to this website, however the bulk of it is not.  It is just about self improvement and it mentions a way to track self progress by creating a little avatar and like an rpg type life style.  so it is similar to this, entertaining though.  you should also check out the nerdist podcast

Orc Ranger

STR: 3 DEX: 1 STA: 2

CON: 5 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

All major changes are like death. You can't see what is on the other side until you get there.

Immortal Power, Plug it in

Current challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34450-training-for-the-fights/

Nerdist Way is good, somewhat similar content to this website, however the bulk of it is not.  It is just about self improvement and it mentions a way to track self progress by creating a little avatar and like an rpg type life style.  so it is similar to this, entertaining though.  you should also check out the nerdist podcast

Awesome, I'll check it out! Still haven't picked up the book yet but it's still in the bargin section at my local bookstore, so i'll get it soon. 

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

i have been a fan of Chris Hardwick since i was a teenager that rushed home from school everyday to watch her in Singled Out, and i took an easy liking to his Nerdist Industries output. i started reading this book, then i discovered NF two months later.

with respect to both parties, i believe that Steve's stuff here on NF is more effective and accessible than Chris' book.

Hans BraggartSideshow Freak AssassinSTR 8 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 3You should check out my press kit here - http://goo.gl/1PA5W

Archived