Forums are back in action! ×

Lent

RockNRollQT

Ugh, so I am very much failing at this. I said I would not do computer until 11:00 and so far I have only managed 2 days of that. I am going to adapt it and see if I can do a little better. No computer until I have done my Bible reading, had prayer, and read for 10 minutes

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

High fives for all the encouragement! It's awesome to see some nerds in on the same practice, all in our own way.

I (sorta) made it through the first week. I didn't take Navy showers or anything, but I caught myself a few times just taking in the steam and hot water after washing up, and turned it off. 

This week I'm giving up booze. To me, this is like giving up chocolate or red meat. It's not a huge sacrifice, but I have it often enough that it's become more of a habit than a treat. 

I'm saving my beers and long showers for Sunday. Next week I'm giving up social media, except for only one hour a day. Too often recently I've caught myself thinking "I should be reading my daily offices (or laundry, or packing my lunch, or sleeping), not reading tumblr" and NOT actually done it. Sad. So I will start doing it.

Archived